April in the FL Keys, pt 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@caruso apparently there is a boat in Key largo that does 3 day liveaboards heading south and hits all the wrecks. That would be a dream trip for me too. Also, we did switch it around today and started with Spiegel the Christmas Tree Cave at French Reef. Pretty great dives.

@In2theabyss I think we did tie up in different places every time we went there. Unfurled the Marine Corps flag in the correct direction this time too. I’ll find those pics when Mr NelleG is done uploading them.

Seas were calm and viz is great today. We have tomorrow to chill and fly home early Saturday morning. Should be motorcycle riding season in the Great White North when we get back.

A24C48C7-4CC0-4377-A8AB-7DCC04D6EBE5.jpeg

@caruso apparently there is a boat in Key largo that does 3 day liveaboards heading south and hits all the wrecks. That would be a dream trip for me too.

I've heard there are liveaboards that do all the Keys wrecks but I just don't see the point, when you can simply drive up and down the 2.5 hours and hop on and off a dive boat and stay locally.

To me, liveaboards are best for places like Belize, where the best dive sites are a few hours from shore and aren't very close to each other, so rather than taking long boat rides out and back each day, you go out there and stay there and do 4-5 dives per day at 2 different places each day, and often times the dive sites are very different as they may be on completely different atolls.

Did you not encounter the GGs on the Busch?

There was a jellyfish floating around inside one of the holds, and there were one or two free swimming damselfish. That pretty much covers the extent of the marine life that we saw on the wreck that day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom