April in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right. Just have one of your party create a diversion & grab some food from someone else's table when they're not looking. :D
@caruso I was definitely tempted to join in with your West Palm Beach Dive trip, I've been there, it's a great area! But Key Largo was calling me!

@caruso
Yes that is correct..
Its the online elearning so no physical books..
3 dive trips of 2 tanks each... Total 6 dives.

Gotchya I counted the dives wrong thought they were throwing in 2 more dives but I flaked out and forgot you're paying for 3 dive TRIPS not dives.

@caruso I was definitely tempted to join in with your West Palm Beach Dive trip, I've been there, it's a great area! But Key Largo was calling me!

Another time for sure. Definitely different diving experiences between the two places.

Thanks for all the restaurant tips. We’ll be there long enough to check out a lot of places. Just booked 8 nights thru Rainbow with their package deal. Prices can’t be beat in that area and lodging options are fine. So we’ll do 7 trips each, two days being morning and afternoon. May 1st we’ll go down to Looe Key and go with a local dive op there. No diving Friday and fly home Saturday the 4th. We’ll do touristy things on the days we only dive in the morning, and catch up with some friends in the area.
@PoolsOpen We have out AOW and will do Nitrox this weekend.

We call this our “No Regerts Tour!”

Is that like “No Ragrets”?

936E743A-106E-4155-9527-F8A4AAA1F8CE.jpeg

Thanks for all the restaurant tips. We’ll be there long enough to check out a lot of places. Just booked 8 nights thru Rainbow with their package deal. Prices can’t be beat in that area and lodging options are fine. So we’ll do 7 trips each, two days being morning and afternoon. May 1st we’ll go down to Looe Key and go with a local dive op there. No diving Friday and fly home Saturday the 4th. We’ll do touristy things on the days we only dive in the morning, and catch up with some friends in the area.
@PoolsOpen We have out AOW and will do Nitrox this weekend.

Sharkey's Pub and the Galley Sharkey’s Pub – Just another WordPress site. I eat up stairs at the Galley rather than in the bar. Best fish tacos I've ever had, lived in San Diego for 4 years. Makes my mouth water just to think about it. Great draft beers, fresh oysters, conch fritters, wonderful fish sandwiches... Modest prices

The Rainbow Reef web site has the current air temp at 68 and water temp at 77, this is very warm for a northern diver!

When I'm there in mid May I hope it's a cold spell, if the air temp is above 85 it might be too warm for a wet suit! I like the protection a full wet suit provides.

@DanSinks
I am a fair weather diver for sure. Don’t like cold water and have yet to dive locally. Will avoid it at all costs. The other places I’ve been the water temps runs 78-82 which if perfect in my book.

Next year I think I’m going to look at the Ft Myers area, combining Spring Training baseball with a dive trip. Scratching things off my bucket list!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom