Aqua Lung i550

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eddie A.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I recently got an Aqua Lung i550 dove computer and after my doing my first dive wii it, I have a couple of questions. I’ve read the entire manual and it doesn’t really address the two issues I have.

1. About 24 hours post dive, I went to look at the dive info in the log and it says “none yet” as if I haven’t made any dives on this computer, but according to the manual the computer should log info from the last 24 dives. The basic info (max depth and dive time) are present in the history of the computer but that is just the max information for the computer (according to the manual). So, why would the computer have purged the dive information from the log?

2. The computer has no off button or command and is supposed to shut itself when it’s done counting down fly and saturation times after a dive and after no buttons have been pressed for 2 hours. The computer has no been on for at least 16 hours with no recent dives and no buttons being pressed. Why won’t the computer go off?

I’m concerned that the computer may be malfunctioning, but this is they first dive computer I’ve owned and first time I’ve used it so maybe I’m missing something.

Thanks for any help.

Why not contact the shop where you bought it, or call Aqualung direct for customer support?

Why not contact the shop where you bought it, or call Aqualung direct for customer support?

C'mon...go easy on a new poster. This IS the Aqualung manufacturer section.

Sorry, I did not catch the fact it was the Aqualung section. Next time I will look first, before commenting.

I sent Aqualung an email and I’ll go talk to my LDS next week. I just figured with it being the holidays and all, I’d likely get a quicker response here. Maybe from another i550 owner who’s experienced similar issues?

Thanks for the recommendation

Eddie, did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm having the same problem with my new i550 computer. In fact, mine is malfunctioning in 3 ways:

1. All my dives disappeared from the log, even though the Summary screen shows that I have 19 dives.
2. Inaccurate temperature readings at depth. It was off by 14-degrees on my last two dives!
3. The clock runs slow. It loses about 5-6 minutes per day.

Hello I have the same problem with dive log details. Manual states that it saves 24 dives before overwriting. My computer is only saving 8 dives presently.
I have not contacted the dive shop or Aqualung yet.

Hello I have the same problem with dive log details. Manual states that it saves 24 dives before overwriting. My computer is only saving 8 dives presently.
I have not contacted the dive shop or Aqualung yet.
I returned mine to the dive shop where I bought it, and they sent it to Aqualung for testing & repair. I got it back about 3-4 weeks later. Fortunately, it was at a time when I couldn't go diving anyway, so it didn't inconvenience me too much. Seems to be working perfectly now.

I may be wrong but I believe after diving the computer will not shut off for 24 hours. My i300 does not shut down until then, even though the no fly and nitrogen saturation level shows zero.

I recently purchased the i550 and mine was losing 5-6 minutes per day as well. Contacted Aqua Lung via email, rep wrote me back saying first they’ve heard of this issue and recommended replacement. LDS replaced hassle free. However, as of now, the new unit is fast by 35 seconds after only 4 hours. I’ll keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Setting the time is just a few presses of the buttons, but it shouldn’t have this issue at this price point.

Note: I’m new to diving and this is my first experience with a dive computer.

Back
Top Bottom