aqua lung micra not aqua lung micra adj???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may have been diving one set up to breathe hard. Because they have a pretty wide range of spring tension, they can be set up to breathe really easy, or setup to breathe really hard. Most Micras in rental use are set up to breathe hard.

Personally I prefer a balanced second stage with an easier to use venturi boost adjuster, but the Micras (when the venturi effect is switched on) are much better breathers than any of the other US Divers second stages from that era, which did not have the venturi boost switch, and thus were 'de-tuned' from full venturi boost.

The one I dove was brand new and not a rental. Granted, I only dove it about 50 times before I moved on to my Oasis + - now that is a sweet reg as is my Scuba Pro G500/MK20. I tried adjusting the micra, but it never felt right for me. Again, this was just my experience. Comfort is subjective - and to a degree - so is observed performance in spite of what might generate sweet numbers on some breathing machine test.

Yes breathing is incredibly subjective. I know if a reg does not have a venturi boost I find it 'hard to breathe' subjectively, even though many fine regs do not have this sort of boost.

I imagine the lack of venturi boost on those other regs you mentioned, and the presence of it on the Micra, is why you and I felt the breathing to differ. I have never liked any Sherwood other than the newer Maximus style with its venturi boost, (although I have yet to dive the SR1.)

Until my micro was crushed by a tank while on vacation it was one of the best regs I had. Well worth 20 bux. Even cracked in half it still worked but I wont dive it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom