Aqua Lung Mikron Pink Vanilla regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cajuncru Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any experience or knowledge of this regulator? Dive Buddy(wife) purchased the Seaquest Pearl I3 bc and Aqualung pairs it with this regulator. I am also considering the standard Mikron reg for myself. Any info appreciated. FYI-exclusive warm water divers.

Greetings thought I'd pipe in since I just received my pink vanilla yesterday and did a pool dive with it last night. I am a newly certified Montana diver (April) that's been using rental reg's. Although I have done a pool dive with my husband's Apex, which is a very nice regulator (in my newbie opinion)... However, I'm only 4'11 and the Apex just seemed too huge and slightly heavy. So...Although we will do most of OUR dives in cool Montana water, I went with the pv mikron because of it's size. (I'm not worried about using it throughout the summer up here and can always Beg/borrow/buy a reg more suited to ice diving if and when I loose my mind completely) That should be right about 2 years from now when my daughter is 8 and ready for her first scuba hand me down from mom.

Have you guys actually seen it? My husband and all the guys at the LDS can't get over how small it is, so be prepared for such a small size. The regulator hose seems a lot shorter too, but haven't measured to be sure. As for performance, I did find that it I did go through air like a hoover. A normal hour in the pool and I use between 400-500 psi. Last night was over a 1000. Not sure why. However it could've been due to the free flowing that occured twice, once when surfacing and once during sweep and recover. I think a little more pool time before we head to Cozumel next week (brag brag :wink: is in order!! I found it breathed smoothly and adjustment knob very precise. Although my throat was incredibly dry, the first 15 minutes of swim time, it was nearly agonizing. Not sure if it was due to the new reg or a little dehydration, perhaps both.

If you both can try the Mikrons beforehand do it. As I mentioned the size really seems to have all the guys around here in awe but I know it's perfect for me. Also, I went with the mikron octo and it's very sturdy and breathes smoothly. My husband was jealous about it being nicer than his. But he's also jealous that my Pearl seaquest is nicer than his borrowed bc he's using for now :blinking: It does make a great system together but I'm sure not for everybody. I LOVE that AL donates some proceeds towards breast cancer research too.

So that's my long, not so technical info regarding the pv mikron to date....Hope it helped.

Thanks so much for the not at all long, and though not technical ,down to earth info.

ps. I know your hubby's pain about the bc. I feel it !!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom