Aqua-Lung Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Aqua Lung website is an MWRC Internet LLC website. This company is another of those companies that specialize in the "distribution conflict" types of plans that allow the manufacturer to sell directly to the public, while providing a dealer, identified by the buyer, with a commission. Another company that provides this type of service is Shopatron.

Aqua Lung appears to be handling phone orders/customer service calls through a direct phone number to the in-house inside sales operation that has typically handled local dive store contact. I have no inside knowledge, but they may have "dedicated" people on the task of handling retail customers.

MWRC has a unique little feature. The highest commission is provided to a local dealer when the product is shipped directly to the dealer for delivery. However, dealers receive notification, and a lower commission, when someone who "selected" them has a product shipped directly to them. If the dealer phones them and convinces them to come into the store for various "enhancement services", the dealer can apply to MWRC for an additional small commission.

During checkout, the customer is required to acknowledge that they are purchasing the product directly from Aqua Lung and that Aqua Lung will handle all customer service/returns/complaints for the product directly.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

If you purchase Aqua Lung or affiliate branded life support products by mail, telephone order, or electronically, you are purchasing from a non-authorized dealer and your products will not be covered by Aqua Lung America warranties. Aqua Lung America has not authorized any exceptions to the "in-store" sales policy.

Hmm...so apparently AquaLung is not an authorized AquaLung dealer.

Who knew?

:shocked2:

Hmm...so apparently AquaLung is not an authorized AquaLung dealer.

Who knew?

:shocked2:

well we're talking about the same geniuses that now sell products online but also have a warning that says if you buy it online, it doesn't come with a warranty.

Their decision making process with Aqualung management seems quite clueless...

You guys can rag on AL all you want, but in the end, their online policy protects their dealers by not undercutting them. Dealers that can sell a product, make a profit and stay in business, lets the manufacturer also make a profit and stay in business.

Having seen this before (four separate times) in major appliances, electronics, furniture and kitchen cabinets, I can tell you that when the dust settles, AL & SCUBAPro will still be in business and a lot of the manufacturers that are letting everybody slit their own throats will be gone.

Terry

You guys can rag on AL all you want, but in the end, their online policy protects their dealers by not undercutting them. Dealers that can sell a product, make a profit and stay in business, lets the manufacturer also make a profit and stay in business.

Having seen this before (four separate times) in major appliances, electronics, furniture and kitchen cabinets, I can tell you that when the dust settles, AL & SCUBAPro will still be in business and a lot of the manufacturers that are letting everybody slit their own throats will be gone.

Terry

On that, I agree completely.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

I really love this forum when post like this are happening ! We are going to have a lot of fun following AL new strategy.

I briefly looked to get more information of AL management team and owners, but couldn't find much, beyond the history about Cousteau, Gagnan, Air Liquid and La Spirotechnique.
Any one knows a way to get more information about the financial and organization of AL ?

One thing I noticed as stated in their webpage, is the list of who their customers are ... right now, it is not us the users. Their customers are the dealers/LDS, government and military entities, and private parties for sub-marine exploration.
"all the people who have a common objective" ... make more money on our divers back.

I'm not sure which marketing person came with this new online strategy. It is interesting, because it is either a new smart guy who is trying to move/improve things but facing some clear internal resistance, or a complete idiot who got to the marketing department after a 2 days ''e-business'' training.
Hopefully it is first case, and things will be shaken and improved...

those prices are way higher that what is available both locally & in Egypt :shocked:

those prices are way higher that what is available both locally & in Egypt :shocked:

well AL here is run by "Aqua Lung North America". They control all the pricing, dealer agreements and allowing internet sales.

Until this, AL NA has not allowed internet sales, while in other countries, it's allowed.

Most of the online sites in other countries are price competitive with other gear manufacturers.... not here in the US......

that's why you see the price difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom