Aqua Lung/Whites Fusion P-valve Install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reku

Contributor
Reaction score
Great Lakes + Northern Florida + Marsh Harbor
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Did a light monkey tinkle p valve install last night.

14305441_119896428469012_8301240729646070775_o.jpg

Tested it today. When it's on its out of the way and doesn't catch on anything.

Used a 7/8 hole punch for the drycore and a smaller punch the size of a pencil eraser for the skin hole and two rubber gaskets on the inside and outside of the drycore between the p-valve chamber and the outside nut.

like this:

Valve -- gasket |--drycore--| gasket -- outside nut

Notes:

1. I did not burn the outer skin hole edges - there seems to be no fraying.
2. I did place the valve on the drycore where the whites circle is on the drycore.
3. I did not use glue of any kind - I cut a rubber gasket down the middle and sandwiched the drycore and stalk screw(?) between the two halves.
4. I did not have to remove the entire bullet skin - I just undid the zipper part and pulled the drycore leg up.
5. I find the placement in the center of the panel actually a very good spot - it doesn't get caught on my leg or on any of the tons of fishing line I drifted through.
6. punch a TINY TINY hole in the outer skin because it stretches. Use scissors to make tiny hole a bit bigger if you need to.
7. You may need to cut the hole in the gaskets to match the diameter of the stalk - do not force the gaskets over the stalk or it will bend when compressed and cause a leak.

After my test - 40ft for 40mins in 8 knots of current, There were no leaks and the P valve performed flawlessly.

The p valve can be removed and replaced very easily because it is not permanent.

The entire install process took 10 mins.

STEPS:

1. pull drycore leg out
2. find the circle on the leg - stick a piece of wood in the leg under circle
3. punch hole with 7/8 punch - punch is slightly smaller then whites circle - their circle is too big.
4. put half of gasket on p valve stalk - push stalk through the drycore hole.
5. put other half of gasket on - screw p valve together.
6. put drycore back in and don suit.
7. find p valve on skin and mark spot and put board under skin and punch TINY TINY SUPER SMALL HOLE.
8. unscrew spout top from p valve
9. stretch skin over the stalk
10. screw the spout top back onto the stalk
11. Go dive your new p-valve

If you have questions just ask. :)

8 Knots of current? Holy crap where were you diving?

turbo charged scooter

UPDATE:

Still not glued in - still working great - zero leaks - easy to disassemble entire p valve and all parts and reinstall for cleaning/maintenance purposes.I can remove it entirely and put it all back in within 5mins.

I am glad I did not glue it in. I have an entire spare p valve in my save a dive kit that I can easily install.

I did the same install but with the DR balanced pee-valve. I also glued nothing but the gaskets. Makes removal and assembly a breeze.

I am glad I did not glue it in.

I did the same install but with the DR balanced pee-valve. I also glued nothing but the gaskets either. Makes removal and assembly a breeze.
Same here but I didn't glue the gaskets. I mounted mine through the dry core only, did't see a need to mount through the Sport skin.

Same here but I didn't glue the gaskets. I mounted mine through the dry core only, did't see a need to mount through the Sport skin.
Do you have any issues opening and closing the valve with the skin over the top of it? I have a light monkey on my new suit that is under the skin and am little concerned about being able to open and close the valve with dry gloves on. I am scared to punch a hole in the skin , afraid it may spread out to much.

Do you have any issues opening and closing the valve with the skin over the top of it?
I'm using a Dive Rite balanced valve, there is nothing to open/close, so no issue with working through the skin. But with your valve I can see it being a problem to manipulate through the Sport skin, and maybe impossible with a thicker skin like the Bullet or Tech.

I think you can safely mount through the skin, maybe seal the edges of the hole with AquaSeal so it won't unravel.

I have cut a hole in both my Sport and Bullet skin and have not noticed any unraveling or enlarging of the holes in either skin. I have well over 50 dives on the skins with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom