Aqua Lung Yoke to Din conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicklebon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks but, just joined today. This is my first post so please be gentle with me. :) I was certified back in 95 but stopped diving after a year so and got back into this year. I picked up a barely used, one time in local quarry is the claim, Aqua Lung Legend from a co-worker today. The reg is yoke style but I want to convert it to DIN. I see two kits that claim to be the correct parts but I do not know what the difference is. The kit part numbers are:

Aqualung part# 129227

Aqualung part# 129803

The 129227 kit seems to be very hard to find. In fact the only place I've found that claims to have it is in Germany. I'm hoping the 129803 is just an updated part number for the same kit as it much more avail and half the cost.

Thanks!

Depending upon the year your Aqualung was made, there was a change in the positioning of the sintered metal filter, due to patent issues.
As a result, there was a manufacturing change to the body of the reg, thus two differing DIN bolts.
Any idea what year your reg is? Post pics?
Paging @JackD342
20181023_181425.jpg
20181101_182553.jpg

Depending upon the year your Aqualung was made, there was a change in the positioning of the sintered metal filter, due to patent issues.
As a result, there was a manufacturing change to the body of the reg, thus two differing DIN bolts.
Any idea what year your reg is? Post pics?
Paging @JackD342
Also, original Legend is different from the two versions already described. Pictures please!
(I was researching this yesterday for someone else, and found conflicting info. So I need to know the specifics to solve for and clarify before going further.)

Thanks for the response! I'll post pics later this evening. I'm guessing you want pics similar to the above. Is there something else I need to specifically focus on? Thanks!

Pics of the body from the side. And if you don't also open it up for the view in the photos above, check the side of the yoke inlet for a patent number. (or it might say Patent Pending, the version with the inlet mounted filter.)

I did not have a hex key that would fit so maybe these will do:

reg1.JPG
reg2.JPG
reg3.JPG

Attachments

• reg1.JPG
    reg1.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 79
Working way too hard on this, and I am not getting to my usual level of clarity.

First, that is the original Legend body style you have and not the current style that came in two variations depending on filter mount. So we know for sure that kit 129021 is NOT what you want.
Neither of the kit numbers you listed are currently available for order. I found 129227 definitely listed in an old document for your version body. I also found 129803 in an old document for the first, non-current variation of the newer body style. There is also a currently available kit 128142 that seems to apply to the inlet mount versions of the Legend 2nd generation, the Titan ‘09, and the Titan LX. I suspect that may also fit your older version, but can’t say for certain. I also hope to confirm it fits all three of those bodies and isn’t a misprint regarding the Legend. Comparing the DIN components of yours with the 2nd gen, 1st version, only the hand wheel and the dust cap have different part numbers. Clearly a different dust cap is immaterial. But I don’t know if there is anything incompatible between the different handwheels. (My guess would be not, but that is just a gut guess.) I think there was a required change to the rubber body sheath somewhere along for some conversion scenario, but can’t find which one it was.

If I get any updated info tomorrow I will let you know, but otherwise good luck. You may also find that just ordering individual components gets what you need, without going the “kit” route. Only the filter, filter oring, and ACD spring are common to both yoke and DIN versions for yours.

Dropped off the gear with my LDS to be checked and serviced. I was told that they would do it if they could get the parts. They are a bit backed up atm so time will tell.

Working way too hard on this, and I am not getting to my usual level of clarity.

First, that is the original Legend body style you have and not the current style that came in two variations depending on filter mount. So we know for sure that kit 129021 is NOT what you want.
Neither of the kit numbers you listed are currently available for order. I found 129227 definitely listed in an old document for your version body. I also found 129803 in an old document for the first, non-current variation of the newer body style. There is also a currently available kit 128142 that seems to apply to the inlet mount versions of the Legend 2nd generation, the Titan ‘09, and the Titan LX. I suspect that may also fit your older version, but can’t say for certain. I also hope to confirm it fits all three of those bodies and isn’t a misprint regarding the Legend. Comparing the DIN components of yours with the 2nd gen, 1st version, only the hand wheel and the dust cap have different part numbers. Clearly a different dust cap is immaterial. But I don’t know if there is anything incompatible between the different handwheels. (My guess would be not, but that is just a gut guess.) I think there was a required change to the rubber body sheath somewhere along for some conversion scenario, but can’t find which one it was.

If I get any updated info tomorrow I will let you know, but otherwise good luck. You may also find that just ordering individual components gets what you need, without going the “kit” route. Only the filter, filter oring, and ACD spring are common to both yoke and DIN versions for yours.
Okay, I have confirmation that old and current kits 129227, 129803, and 128142 can all be used for any Legend ACD with an inlet mounted filter.
Shape/design of the handwheel and dust cap may vary by kit, but are functionally interchangeable.
Also, one kit (128142) may not include the DIN dust cap, which could be picked up separately if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom