AquaAire Steel HP 80 & 65 tank value??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natche

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Please excuse my ignorance. I recently got certified about 4 months ago
and I am still learning quite a lot. Anyway, a buddy of mine ended up acquiring
(2) AquaAire HP (3500) steel 80s and (2) 65s all with DIN connection. they are out of hydro and vis.
Born on date 2002 & 2003. They are pretty short, about 23" and 20" respectively.
Since he doesn't have a DIN regulator seup, he was
considering selling. What are they worth? They are located in
southern Cal.
Thank you for your time and in put.

What?? 44 looks and no replies...lol
just looking for approx value or info on the
tanks to help a buddy out. Are these indeed
good tanks?? I promise I won't
show up on your doorstep and try to sell
you overpriced cookies. Just let the fingers
free to speak for the more silent voices in
your head. I promise, you will sleep better.

not many people want the 65's. I would say out of hydro $100 for the 80's and $75 for the 65's each

Probably get more if they have at least a current hydro. Closer to maybe $175 and $125. Has your dive buddy considered keeping the cylinders and converting his reg over to DIN?

Welcome to the greatest sport there is. You need to look inside those steel 80s and check for rust most good dive shops will do that for you free and give you a price to hydro and vis them. After hydro and vis there worth about $ 175. They make good tanks for beach dives but for deeper boat dives your probably going to want bigger tanks.

Dive save

Without a hydro, not many people will want them for fear that they will fail. If you get a hydro, I'd be shocked if you sold them easily for 175. Usually I see 80's go for the $125 range, maybe a couple bux more. They sound like old pst tanks and they usually sell less than the new worthington or faber tanks, due to the whole exemption thing. I own a few of the 100 cuft pst tanks, and have picked them up for 175-200 hydro'd and o2 cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom