Aquacat liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silvertip57

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
How about some ratings on the Aquacat in the Bahamas from you folks out there. Would love to do it next year but want some feedback from someone besides the advertisers. Thanks.

I have done the Aqua Cat several times and would rate everything a 10. Large cabins and dive deck. The food is too good, I add 5lbs every trip. The crew has always been great. I love the diving especially the shark dive, the Washing Machine & the Blue Hole.

On a scale of 10, I give it a 100! It is awesome. Capt, crew and boat are there ONLY so you have a nice time. You will not do better. I have done it 3 times and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Wife and I did it back in 2008 - it was our first liveaboard, and in fact first ocean dives. Had a great time - boat and crew were top notch. As the others said, rooms are nice, and food was awesome.

In comparison to the 2nd liveaboard trip that I just returned from (different boat) I really appreciated a couple of things on the Aquacat: Bathrooms in places other than the staterooms (like one up in the Salon), and showers on the dive deck - it was really nice being able to shower there after each dive. They also have warm water showers right at each ladder to rinse the Gunk off when you get back on the boat which is nice (mask 'oysters' anyone?)

If you're there to dive, you'll have a great trip.

The Aqua Cat is the most incredible experience I have ever had! The sites, the food, the crew, the craft, everything was top notch! Would do it again in a nano-second!

I just got back from my 10th Aquacat trip. Have Done many liveaboards, and The boat / food /crew are top notch. I would give the diving a 6 out of 10. The visibility is hit or miss depending on tidal flow and water temperatures. The spread of seu lettuce algae (due to Diadema population decreases) and Lionfish spread have also had a negative impact in the Exumas. Above the waterline it is a 10 out of 10.

My LDS is considering booking the Aquacat for 2012, but we are concerned about the quality of the diving. Any other opinions of the diving?

I understand the boat and crew are great, but we're not going to do the trip if the reefs are barren, filled with lionfish, etc. Just curious if others would rate the diving as diverdoug1 did.

I did Mayaguana, Bahamas on the Nekton last year and it was ok, but the lionfish really have taken over there. Other than that, I haven't done any other Bahamas sites.

My LDS is considering booking the Aquacat for 2012, but we are concerned about the quality of the diving. Any other opinions of the diving?

I understand the boat and crew are great, but we're not going to do the trip if the reefs are barren, filled with lionfish, etc. Just curious if others would rate the diving as diverdoug1 did.

I did Mayaguana, Bahamas on the Nekton last year and it was ok, but the lionfish really have taken over there. Other than that, I haven't done any other Bahamas sites.

Does the Aquacat allow for killing Lionfish?? I'm not the hunter underwater usually but if we can help thin the population of LF I am all about getting fish for the fish tacos!

I also did Myaguana with Nekton last year. The diving on the Aquacat is much better than Myaguana. I would give Myaguana a 3/10, Exumas a 6/10 (much better bio-diversity), I give Palau 9/10, and Raja Impat 10/10. Mayaguana had interesting bottom topography, but was a barren wasteland when it came to fish life (IMHO).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom