Aqualung (authorized) via the internet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have purchased AL regs via Leisure Pro over the years and know that they are not authorized. In the past I have been in Divers Direct retail stores where they sell AL products but were not allowed to do any sales via internet (at best you could call in and get a price).

Now I see that Divers Direct actually has Aqualung regs on sale on their website. Is this a sea change for AL? Have they finally broken into the 21st century?

Scubamax

I have purchased AL regs via Leisure Pro over the years and know that they are not authorized. In the past I have been in Divers Direct retail stores where they sell AL products but were not allowed to do any sales via internet (at best you could call in and get a price).

Now I see that Divers Direct actually has Aqualung regs on sale on their website. Is this a sea change for AL? Have they finally broken into the 21st century?

Scubamax

I think you missed this statement on every page:
Available In Store Only
Sorry, due to vendor restrictions, we can only sell this item in one of our Florida Dive Shops

Brian,

Yes I did miss that fine print! Not enough FOCUSthis morning!

Actually there is an Aqualung online store now:

Aqua Lung STORE - Product Category | Professional Diving Equipment
Aqua Lung supports our brick and mortar retailers and we have selected the patented MWRC ExoVend™ revenue sharing e-commerce system to share revenue of our online sales with our great retailers.

By choosing one of the Aqua Lung retailers in your area you will be supporting them while still getting the great service and product directly from Aqua Lung.

Your product will be shipped directly from our warehouses and our customer service is available for your assistance. If there are no participating retailers or only one participating retailer in your area you will not have to select the retailer. You will be automatically associated with the retailer in your area.

I have to say that is very annoying with the online restrictions. Especially sometimes for spare parts like an inflator gasket, I don't want to always go down to the dive store and go through the hassle when I can just order online.

Didn't even Atomic lift their restrictions and selling online now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom