Aqualung Core diaphragm noise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlander06

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a Aqualung Core first and second stage regulators back in October. when I first tried the second stage in the Dive center in front of the tech, it was making noise from the diaphragm when I would breath in. The tech said that it would not do that when it was put in water, He put the regulator in a bucket of water to get it wet, and had me try it,at that time it did quite down until it went dry again. He said it was normal. I did do I dive with it and with it making noise, I had no problems. My Sherwood octo sounds very quite. I also have a older Deco and it has no problems. I took the Core back to the DC and have someone different look at it, she took it apart and said everything is fine. it still has the same diaphragm noise. Should this be normal or should it be replaced ?(diaphragm)?

Is it honking? My AL Legend LX Supreme did that when I bought it in the fall for a bit. DRIS' reg tech said sometimes regs do it. Worked fine otherwise. He tested it several times. It went away after a while. Doesn't do that now and I couldn't tell you when it stopped (I've been pool diving a lot this winter and I just realized the honk is gone when I read your post!

Is it honking? My AL Legend LX Supreme did that when I bought it in the fall for a bit. DRIS' reg tech said sometimes regs do it. Worked fine otherwise. He tested it several times. It went away after a while. Doesn't do that now and I couldn't tell you when it stopped (I've been pool diving a lot this winter and I just realized the honk is gone when I read your post!
Yes I believe it is called honking

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom