Aqualung Cousteau (SEA) Discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Oddly enough, it looks like Aqualung is no longer making the Cousteau/SEA first stage. It's no longer listed on their site, whereas they used to list it with the Glacia cold water second stage. I have a Cousteau with the Micra Adjustable second, and love it. In fact, I was looking for the yoke-to-DIN converter, which used to be on their site and was always available via the usual online vendors. Now I can't find one anywhere!

Anyone with insights on either the fate of the Cousteau or the location of any yoke-to-DIN conversion kits???? Many thanks...

There are three titan yoke to din converters on ebay right now I am not sure if they are compatable with the sea 1st stage.

When I converted my two SEA frist stages from Yoke to DIN I just went to my local dealer and got the parts kit for the conversion. I don't remember the part number, but it is easy to get with a cooperative dealer. I kept the original Yoke parts and from time to time will return them to Yoke if I am taking a vacation to a spot where Yoke tanks are what I will be using. For occasional Yoke cylinder use I just use the Yoke adaptor between my DIN regulator and the Yoke cylinder valve.

Have fun, and good luck in your quest,

Mark Vlahos

Yes, it is discontinued - there were some great bargains to be had as LDSs burned off their stocks, it's a great reg with the Micra ADJ. But parts don't appear to be a problem and Aqualung has a good name for keeping parts available.

Contacted Aqualung to see if they have any DIN conversion kits, but also found a third-party product that may work. Have to find out if it's compatible with the Aqualung Cousteau. Can't believe it's this hard to locate this kit!

Found it!

Should've checked with John at Northeast Scuba Supply first! Duh.

Back
Top Bottom