Aqualung Dive Computer questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn Williams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Aqualung, please respond. I have a i300 and live in Texas (Fort Worth). I have been diving my i300 now for 2 years. We went on a cruise this month and went diving every day (2 tank dive for 5 days). I have my computer set to water activation. First dive in St. Thomas was fine. Second dive my computer at the surface was saying 9 feet. So my safety stop at 15' for 3 minutes was way off. I had to rely on the dive masters computer to stay at 15'. Mine was saying 24 to 25 feet so was not registering a safety stop. This happened the remainder of the week.

Fast forward. I get home and call you for help. I was told that I had to go through a dive shop to send it in. i had my dive center, dive my computer and they could find nothing wrong (back in Texas). I take the computer back home and get my USB cable installed and check for software upgrades. Low and behold there is an upgrade for altitude adjustment.

Question: why is your support staff not knowledgeable about your equipment? A little conversation would have prevented a lot of wasted time. Just food for thought.

Why do I have to go through a dive center to send my equipment in for repair or warranty?

Now the second part of my query. I really was amped up to purchase a i750tc. I started doing some research and "window shopping" and found out that my dive shop can't order it and one web site says it is discontinued. Please explain what is going on with your dive computers and what the future holds for Aqualungs dive computer line. Thanks in advance.

Glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom