Aqualung I300 My Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SOFDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As a Dive Professional I had the opportunity to get my hands on the new AquaLung i300 dive computer. As a side note AquaLung recently acquired Peligic Systems, and the i300 is the first in a series of new computers. The i300 is ment to be an entry level computer, but it's features make it much more than an entry level computer. Beside being a nitrox computer, it also has a free dive mode which may be important to a lot of divers. The two button design makes it very easy to operate and the programming architecture is very intuitive. The display is large and easy to read and in the dive mode switching screens easy. Overall the i300 is all the computer any recreational diver will ever need, and it's worth much more than the $300 price point. By the way, I am in no way compensated by AquaLung and opinion is all my own. If you are in the market for a computer, or thinking of replacing an older one you should check this one out.

As a Dive Professional I had the opportunity to get my hands on the new AquaLung i300 dive computer. As a side note AquaLung recently acquired Peligic Systems, and the i300 is the first in a series of new computers. The i300 is ment to be an entry level computer, but it's features make it much more than an entry level computer. Beside being a nitrox computer, it also has a free dive mode which may be important to a lot of divers. The two button design makes it very easy to operate and the programming architecture is very intuitive. The display is large and easy to read and in the dive mode switching screens easy. Overall the i300 is all the computer any recreational diver will ever need, and it's worth much more than the $300 price point. By the way, I am in no way compensated by AquaLung and opinion is all my own. If you are in the market for a computer, or thinking of replacing an older one you should check this one out.

Did you use it? If so, how did you find it compared to an oceanic Veo 3.0 or a Geo 2.0?

I have used the i300, both in salt and fresh water. I got this computer to take the place of my Oceanic Veo250 which I have been diving since 2007. The i350 is an upgrade and improvement on all previous Palegic Systems computers of this class (my 250 and the Veo 3.0 and Geo 2.0 I believe). I300 has unique design features, and added functions over older entry level computers. You may see similar computers in Oceanic and Hollis lines, but all will be made by Palegic which is now an AL company. AquaLung warranty I believe is best in market, so I favor them. Got a I450T ( wrist watch type, air integrated, 3 gas switching) computer today, and will put it into service soon and will give my opinion of that computer once I can put some dives on it, but $799.99 w/o transmitter may be to rich for most.

Seems like it's just a re-branded Veo 3 2.0 (edited - see post #9 below) - maybe a few less features. Same screen, same buttons, same band just Aqualung inserted where Oceanic would be. VEO 2.0

Makes sense, I wouldn't expect their first products to be anything radically different due to design/timing constraints.

I750T looks remarkably like a VTX also..

Last edited:
Interesting! I ordered recently the veo 3.0 and a few days after that I stumbled upon the i300 and I was worried if I should have ordered the Aqualung instead

the price for the i450t seems too high if it doesn't include the transmitter

About $150 less than Oceanic OCI, without transmitter, with transmitter about the same price. I450t seems more stylish, a factor if you're going to wear it as a wrist watch. JMO

Much of the above conversation is incorrect. The i300 is a rebranded Oceanic Veo 2, not Veo 3. It is 2 button, single gas nitrox computer. Oceanic is dual algorithm, DSAT and PZ+, Aqua Lung is PZ+ only (a proprietary tuned down, more conservative, version of Buhlmann ZHL 16-C). The Oceanic Veo 2 is available for $295 including download cable. The i300 appears to be $300 plus the download cable. I can't fathom why anyone would buy the "new" Aqua Lung computer. With a decreasing number of OEM, one has to be increasingly careful when purchasing dive equipment. Companies are increasingly relying on their brand name rather than comparison of features and value. Disclosure is nonexistent, buyer beware

Much of the above conversation is incorrect. The i300 is a rebranded Oceanic Veo 2, not Veo 3. It is 2 button, single gas nitrox computer. Oceanic is dual algorithm, DSAT and PZ+, Aqua Lung is PZ+ only (a proprietary tuned down, more conservative, version of Buhlmann ZHL 16-C). The Oceanic Veo 2 is available for $295 including download cable. The i300 appears to be $300 plus the download cable. I can't fathom why anyone would buy the "new" Aqua Lung computer.

In Russia there's a standing joke: "how much did you pay for this? $100? Why would you do that -- I know a place where you can get this exact same thing for $200".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom