Aqualung i450T not connecting to Diver Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidMc22

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
New to this forum - not new to diving...
I recently got a 450t back in about March of this year. After reading some poor reviews on Diver Log; I chose to go with DiveLogDT and the IOS version for my iPhone & iPad. This system is great, and they all sync easily via the cloud. The data from dives matched other computers, and is beautifully logged on my devices, with pictures.
I noticed shortly after the purchase that the clock has 10-15 days worth of "racing". By racing, I mean that it speeds up. The clock roughly becomes one minute fast per hour. Then, for no apparent reason, it goes back to normal for a couple of months only to have another "racing episode".
It is my understanding that the newest firmware upgrade addresses this, along with another issue about power management.
However; the firmware upgrade can only be done through Diver Log. So I downloaded the Diver Log Lite version. I was told that my 450T would connect. When I follow the steps to add my computer to the software, it simply times out every time. Everyone at tech support is telling me that they should connect.
Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

You are not alone! It seems that its a thing that others have mentioned and i experience the same bugs since day one with Diver Log too. Timed out hand shakes and stalled dive indexing that take several attempts to complete by reconnecting the cable and starting over. I pretty much just use it for updates and i use MacDive for the actual logging. It's works flawlessly for me. There are a few decent free logs that many endorse here on SB, but I personally chose MacDive because it backs up to Icloud automatically and the UI is all Mac, the owner is here on SB, and the one issue that i had was resolved in about an hour after messaging the guy.

Thanks, t3echnobrat. I have yet to get it to handshake in order to perform said update. Someone from Diver Log tech support has responded, asking for software versions, etc. I wonder if getting the pay version might be worth it; but I don't know if that will connect either. As mentioned, I like DiveLogDT, and the customer service has been outstanding. Question... Does MacDive allow for multiple pics to be added to a single dive? Thanks again, much appreciated. -David

My pleasure. I highly doubt the paid version is any better.. at least that's my gut feeling from reviews and what i've experienced. If it helps, the current firmware is 1c.06. I must have been half asleep when I first read the post and obviously missed most of it.. That log was one of them that I saw with a bunch of recommendations. I'm thankful that i didn't have the same hardware issues, but updating was the first thing that I did when i first bought it. So far it's been a very solid piece of gear for me.

-John

Last edited:
Thanks again. Do you know any other place to get the 1c.06 firmware? I will google it. Were you able to connect to Diver Log Lite in order to update as you mention?

Sorry i've been away from the computer for a few days. Yes, i was able to connect for the update. For some reason i feel like it connected with less issues before the DiverLog Lite update.

Back
Top Bottom