Aqualung Legend LX O-ring Shore A Hardness / Duro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Vegas

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm trying to find out o-ring Shore A / Duro hardness for Aqualung Legend LX (present) model as I'm not able to purchase it from any dealer.
The o-ring is a standard overhaul part 820009P as seen in the image below (Item 28).
This o-ring shows up in older (2011) service manual as 473056 O-ring 1.78x5.28 EPDM 80ShA.
Can anyone confirm that the current 820009P o-ring is also EPDM with hardness of 80 Shore A?
Thank you.

full.jpg

The HP port (part # 46 in the diagram) should take a 90 shore o-ring.
The MP port (part # 44) should take a 70 shore o-ring.
I am pretty sure that part # 28 should be a 90 shore o-ring as it receives high pressure at the cylinder valve - 1st stage ACD interface.

80 shore is a happy medium between 70 and 90...70 is typically used for LP/MP applications and 90 is typically used for HP applications to prevent the o-ring extruding out of position under the high pressure.

-Z

Hey Z. Thank you for your response. Looks like Part # 24, is also used with ACD (yoke) and filter. This area would also be under high pressure. Therefore requiring 90 shore also. Would you agree?

Hey Z. Thank you for your response. Looks like Part # 24, is also used with ACD (yoke) and filter. This area would also be under high pressure. Therefore requiring 90 shore also. Would you agree?

Short answer: Yes, I agree.

Long Answer:
You can use 90 shore every where o-ring part #24 is specified in the diagram...you dont need a to use a 70 shore o-ring on the mp port plug unless you really want to have 2 versions of the same o-ring....the mp port plug does not need 90 shore, per se, but it won't be a problem there either. Where a harder o-ring could be problematic is in an application wherethe o-ring moves and a softer o-ring is specifically specified...this is called a dynamic application....because the mp port o-ring is static once the port plug is installed and the o-ring is captive, there should be no problem with the harder composition.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom