Aqualung legend purge cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattspiral8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, so im trying to remove the front purge cover on my 2nd stage regulator. I know we can just twist the cover off on most regulators out there. For some reason i cant twist the cover off. Not sure if there is another way to take it off or is it just stuck? If it is stuck, is there a way to lube it up so i can remove it?

Attachments

• 6A805782-137C-4C01-B50E-7DAD14B89FEF.jpeg
    6A805782-137C-4C01-B50E-7DAD14B89FEF.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 121
After the soak above, order a face spanner/pin wrench from Scubatools.com, with 0.066" pins.
Face Spanner, replaceable pins
Put a pin each in two holes as far apart as the spanner can reach, hold the tips down in the holes, and unscrew. If the spanner jumps out of the hole, you'll get an unpleasant scratch.

I use a rubber jar opener for Legend and Titan LX, but a home made spanner should work fine. When reassembling, I lube the threads with silicone grease, and that makes the next disassembly easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom