what would you buy

• aqulaung legend/suunto cobra

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • mares abyss/aeris ai

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oscar_2424

Contributor
Reaction score
i finally came with two options for my next reg set:
aqualung legend with a suunto cobra computer and a gyro octo
mares abyss with aeris ai with a proton octo.
i do most of my diving in south florida between 60 and 140 ft.
what would you choose,, thanks for any help

I like the Aqualung regs better but the Aeris computers better than the Suunto.

aqualung reg aeris computer

Aqualung reg, cobra computer.

Aqualung makes regs, suunto makes computers.

I find both to have superior functionability.

just traded in one of my old Dacor regulators for a Mares Abyss using the Mares/dacor trade in program. I have owned a Aeris ai computer since June and love it.

Suunto computers tend to be pretty conservative. I don't own one but i dive with several people that do and they always end up with shorter dives and longer deco stops when we dive in Hawaii.

Scottri:
Suunto computers tend to be pretty conservative. I don't own one but i dive with several people that do and they always end up with shorter dives and longer deco stops when we dive in Hawaii.

Yes, that's very true. Be advised that Suunto operates at half the normal ascent rate and will almost always tell you to slow down. Better safe than sorry, I like to think, but you may find your bottom time being shaved a bit.

I dive the almost the exact profiles and we ascend together and I've never had a problem with my Aeris. Plus, I think the display is better. The plus side to the Suunto is the interface to a PC and the software is better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom