Aqualung Mikron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imwright1985

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So i bought a Mikron today, first new reg in a long time. Was wondering if there was anything i should look our for with it asfar as diving tropicalish waters. I did some research on them and didnt find anything bad so figured to go with it but havent found anyone that uses them often enough for a long term review

My wife has the pink vanilla version and she has had zero problems with it. I did change the mouthpiece for her to something she liked and that felt a little more comfortable for her. We've heard nothing bad about them yet and it seems to be a solid performer.

...I haven't really heard anything bad about them...they are small and travel-friendly, with primary 2nd-stage hose of MIFLEX...good. In a way, it's too late...you've already bought it....'doubts' probably should have been raised prior to purchase. I think you'll be just fine....maybe hook it up to a tank, test breathe it to make sure it feels OK and that there are no leaks......barring an error in assembling the reg (like having a loose hose/mouthpiece) I'm sure you'll be OK. Divernet.com and scubadiving.com have likely both tested this reg recently, maybe read their reviews ?

Well, i was already kinda familiar with the 1st stage since its from what i heard the same as the titan LX which is what i was intending on buying in the near future and have stumbled across Mikron reviews along with the reviews i was looking for. THey hooked it up to a tank for me to check it all out everything was fine. Our LDS was having a tent sale this weekend, which i thought was last weekend which i was busy working, and i went to buy new booties and saw it for only 230 as a demo with them offering an instore year full warrenty and service, so since my old reg is less than acceptable for my comfort level i decided to buy it since today was the last day of the sale. I did kinda jump the gun but with a little knowledge atleast.

....I'm sure you did fine...$ 230 is a pretty good deal...retail is probably twice that...so don't worry so much!

Although it's $220 more than I paid for mine.

I won a raffle after buying $10 worth of tickets. :)

It's now my wife's reg. I have used it on a couple of dives and liked it. It's nice and light for travel. I think I saw a retail price of close to $600 so you did really well.

Back
Top Bottom