Wanted Aqualung Mistral regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paultryan2002

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good morning

After a set of Aqualung Mistral double hose regulators, open to suggestions.

has nay one any for sale or any ideas where is may get a set from

tried ebay and usual sources no joy

cheers Paul

I have a rebuilt mistral for sale.

Which one? The original from the 50-60s or the one from around 2000?
The older ones are common, easy to restore and good diving regs. The remake from 2000 is a POS, it had a lot of design flaws that make it a poor choice if you are wanting a modern double hose reg.
If you are looking for a modern reg with LP and HP ports, then you have 2 choices, restore either a DA Aquamaster or Royal Aqumaster (50s to early 70s) and upgrade it with some components that add HP and LP ports or purchase a Argonaut Kraken. The AK is a modern reg, designed from the ground up by double hose divers for double hose divers. You can learn more at www.vintagedoublehose.com Bryan, the owner of VDH also has a manuf section here on SB.

With that said, you also need to read up on double hose diving, all of them be it modern or vintage require some different techniques to dive properly. There is a fairly large and growing community of DH divers so help and information is easily available for the asking.

Just to be open, I helped with the design, prototype and sea trials of the AK. I have no monitory interest in it but do have a very solid knowledge of it and other DH regs.

The older ones are common, easy to restore and good diving regs. The remake from 2000 is a POS, it had a lot of design flaws that make it a poor choice if you are wanting a modern double hose reg.
If you are looking for a modern reg with LP and HP ports, then you have 2 choices, restore either a DA Aquamaster or Royal Aqumaster (50s to early 70s) and upgrade it with some components that add HP and LP ports or purchase a Argonaut Kraken. The AK is a modern reg, designed from the ground up by double hose divers for double hose divers. You can learn more at www.vintagedoublehose.com Bryan, the owner of VDH also has a manuf section here on SB.

With that said, you also need to read up on double hose diving, all of them be it modern or vintage require some different techniques to dive properly. There is a fairly large and growing community of DH divers so help and information is easily available for the asking.

Just to be open, I helped with the design, prototype and sea trials of the AK. I have no monitory interest in it but do have a very solid knowledge of it and other DH regs.
I have a rebuilt mistral for sale.

Hi thank you for the reply will look at that . after the more modern 2000 set

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom