Aqualung Outlaw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This looks VERY interesting. I like my BPW, but I am not one those fanatics. This BCD has several things that interest me.

I am not a BPW fanatic, but I don't see anything about that Outlaw that would persuade me to choose it over, for example, a Kydex back plate and small wing. I really like the option to position D-rings anywhere I want and have as many or few as I want. Or use tri-slides and bungee loops as clip-off points instead of metal D-rings (if I really wanted minimal weight).

Well, nothing except price. It looks like the Outlaw rig would be a decent savings over buying a new Kydex BP/W rig.

It is a step to bridge the gap from a large recreational mfr. Who caters to recreational divers.

I like the small bladders and retraction system. The web loops instead of D rings is something i have not seen before.

I do agree it looks like one of the nicer warm water single tank integrated BCDs I've seen.

But, even in warm water, day time dives, I like to carry a light to shine in holes and under ledges. And I like the convenience of a D-ring I can clip the light to and the convenience of sliding a rubber inner tube band onto the shoulder strap to hold the light head when I'm not using it. The web loops seem like they would be harder to clip off to without looking and/or using 2 hands. And the carabiner seems to fit the description of what many call a "suicide clip".

My ScubaPro hood came with a small plastic "suicide clip" on the back that is supposed to be for clipping the hood to the matching very small D-ring on the side of some of their wetsuits - for carrying the hood when you aren't wearing it yet. I once had a line from a reel somehow get caught in that little clip on the back of my hood. I am definitely not in favor of having any clips anywhere on me or my rig that could accidentally catch and hold a piece of line.

I don't think it will make BPW divers switch, but it does have modular features many recreational manufacturers BCD's lack.

I know many BPW traditionalist will probably trash it, but it is nice to see a big recreational manufacturer spending some R&D $ and not just offer their version of a metal backplate and wing like Mares and ScubaPro

I am really interested in this. I currently dive a BP/W. Are these available yet? If so, where to get one or at least check one out.

Has anyone dived the Outlaw yet? I'd be very interested in first impressions. Have you used the integrated weights and/or trim pockets? Have you tried to sling a pony using the various loops?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom