Aqualung pro hd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. Has anyone of you felt any chest squeezing when using this bcd on d the surface during swimming or boat pickup. Bec. I have tried d wave brand n felt some squeezing n can cause dificulfy in breathing when on the surface. But i am considering of buying it bcoz of the cheap price. Unlike d back plate.

im thinking of switching over from my pro hd just because i dive drysuit up here and a wing with a steel backplate i wouldnt need to add all the extra lead weight to it

I have the Wave and haven't noticed anything like that. I also think I could have gone a size down so maybe it being big helps with that.

Wave and Pro HD are almost identical - I learned to dive in a Pro HD and then bought a used Wave right after. So I wouldn't expect any problems to go away between models.

yes maybe the wave that I used ( bec. it's a rental is a little bit tight for me) I told that to my DM who gave me the bcd that maybe I should get a little bigger size.

Hi. Has anyone of you felt any chest squeezing when using this bcd on d the surface during swimming or boat pickup. Bec. I have tried d wave brand n felt some squeezing n can cause dificulfy in breathing when on the surface. But i am considering of buying it bcoz of the cheap price. Unlike d back plate.
You may have the sternum strap over tightened.

That is the chest strap between the shoulder straps.
Also, snug that one last. New divers often tighten that first and then the shoulder straps, distorting the fit.

Reading your original comment again, are you inflating the BC fully at the surface? The air bladder also goes along the sides so if you inflate the jacket until it's full, it'll feel a lot smaller and push in on your sides. Mine's got 38 pounds of lift which is much more than necessary in most situations, so I don't inflate it all the way.

That is the chest strap between the shoulder straps.
Also, snug that one last. New divers often tighten that first and then the shoulder straps, distorting the fit.
Thanks for d advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom