Aqualung - SMH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my Fusion back last night from the local dive shop.

They replaced the core of the suit and put a new silicone neck seal in...probably because the si-tech neck ring system comes with the seal. The wrist seals looked to be the same though.

Happy that the suit came with a metal zipper.

When I spoke to Aqualung they mentioned they made a change to feet material of the suit to prevent abrasion against tthe wide velcro (hook side) in the fusion boots...I don't notice any difference though when comparing the replacement suit against one at the shop being packaged for warranty return to Aqualung....

...my solution is to cover the one third of each side of the 2-inch wide velcro strip in the boots with 1-inch wide fuzzy sided velcro so that only the 1-inch wide strip on the heel of the suit makes contact with the hook side in the boots.

Speaking with the dive shop owner, Aqualung has over 200 suits waiting on warranty replacement. The have no L/XL models in stock for this purpose so folks who have purchased L/XL and returned it for warranty have to wait for one to be made. I was told that the replacment 2xl/3xl I received is one of the last ones available so folks with that size model will play the waiting game as well...I think my wait was roughly 2 months, which is consistent with others who have posted on SB about this.

I am looking forward to getting back in the water to test the suit but that will have to wait until after the new year. Keeping my fingers crossed the warranty replacement will be problem free.

-Z

I just ordered a new bullet on the 17th and got 6-8 week ETA. "Around" end of Feb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom