Aqualung surelock II rubber handle replaced anywhere ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tony28898

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I've got an old aqualung Zuma in storage for a couple of years, recently trying to get it back to service for my wife. The BCD is still in good condition, no leaks, valve still works perfectly but the handle of the weight pocket grab my attention.

The handle of the surelock II weight pocket is still the old fragile rubber one that was recalled ages ago. It's been quite a while since the recall and I am sure that LDS aren't replacing it anymore. But for her safety I still hope to get it replaced on my own. Is there anywhere I can get the handle alone online?

Thanks!

I would give any local dive shops that sell Aqualung a call, they should be able to replace them for you free of charge. Being the original owner was not required for the replacement as it was a safety recall. Bring a printout of the recall with you and just explain your story to the shop, that the BCD was in storage.

If your local shop won't work with you then contact Aqualung directly at:
consumersupport-na@aqualung.com / (760) 597-5000

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom