Aqualung Titan octopus: broken purge cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antonius

Registered
Reaction score
Can anybody help me to find a replacement for Aqualung Titan octopus purge cover? Nothing relevant on Ebay or online stores. I understand that I can buy a new octopus, but it sounds as an overkill... Maybe somebody has a broken octopus with good cover. I can buy it. Or recommend me a store/dive shop where I can try some luck.

It looks like this. Not sure if newer model cover will fit (any ideas?).

View attachment 506794

View attachment 506793

Thanks!

You are throwing me a curveball there. Everything I have on the Titan/Calypso octopus says it has been (almost) unchanged since 2004.
That 2004+ current version has the venturi on the left side - this is the first time I have ever seen an Aqualung regulator with a Venturi switch on the top - I think Oceanic likes to use that style. Just in case: are you certain that the body is actually Aqualung, and not another brand's body with an Aqualung cover stuck on it?
Just from eyeballing it, that cover looks pretty similar to the current Titan/Calypso cover, so getting one of the current parts from an LDS will run about $15. But if you were in my shop with that, I would first email a photo to Aqualung to be sure I am not making any incorrect assumptions.

Yes, I assume it should be Callypso/Titan, it looks exactly like in this eBay lot Aqualung Titan Yellow Scuba Dive Octo Octopus 2nd Stage Regulator Aqua Lung | eBay

I wonder if you can recommend any online store where I can try to find spare parts for new version? Maybe I can ask them if it fits this one. Or can you provide email address I can contact Aqualung directly? (not sure they will take care if I contact them via website form).

So that first photo has no relation to yours, right?
Can you add a photo or two of the body from your octo?
I don’t know any online shop for parts, but a local dealer (such as myself) can order it.
Where are you located?

Right. The photo is from eBay. But the body looks exactly as shown on ebay pictures. I can take photos of mine tomorrow.
I am located in San Francisco Bay area.

Right. The photo is from eBay. But the body looks exactly as shown on ebay pictures. I can take photos of mine tomorrow.
I am located in San Francisco Bay area.
Okay, I can correct myself here; surprised no one else did so first. If your reg body has that same small Venturi on top, it is an Aqualung XLC series. So you should have a local Aqualung dealer check with inside support to see if a current Titan/Calypso cover will fit an old XLC model. Or even if they happen to have an old XLC cover in stock. While not yellow, an old XLC Titan, Calypso, or Cousteau cover will probably fit too.

I’ve got the same octopus with the same problem. The cover just split this past week when diving in Mexico.

I’d prefer to get a replacement on my own and not have to take it to the LDS and pay a lot more.

I’ve got the same octopus with same problem. The cover just split this past week when diving in Mexico.

I’d prefer to get a replacement on my own and not have to take it to the LDS and pay a lot more.
If the current cover fits, expect a new part to retail about $15. If you can find an old part great, but I would think anyone that has one is still using it.

Mate put your email in top gear and organise a couple of covers for these people

I think I've even got a broken one somewhere too

Back
Top Bottom