Aquamatic single hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry,

The main pack of vintage divers "DIVES" the vintagescubasupply.com and vintagedoublehose.com forums!!!! We just pass through here for a deco stop--lol!!!! Please join up with the group at either or both of those sites--you will be welcomed.
N

Thanks for the welcome, I'm busy as all hell at work at the moment, but will drop by the other sites when things tail off.

In the meantime, I've done a little shopping:D

Conshelf XI and XII
Calypso III

I'm also bidding on a Conshelf VI and a few guages.

My shopping is generally based on the quality of equipment I'm buying rather than genuine vintage value or collectibility. Reason for this being that I actually want to dive them! Nice warm water and easy dives - nothing too challenging.

A good friend of mine and I are off to the Philippines in January / February, and I hope to get two full working rigs out of the bits and pieces I'm buying for his 40th birthday.

Any general advice on restoration? I'm still waiting for delivery, so I can't give real details of what sort of condition these are in.

Lastly, does anyone have any sort of 'regulator chronology' i.e. what came out when?

Oh, and anyone got a spare Voit Dolphin II? Lucky turtleguy...eyebrow

Cheers,

Aloha thepurplehammerhead
Timelines on the double hose regs are pretty well established. Some of the best writeups have been in the Historical Diver Magazine.
You might also get a vintage copy of Basic Scuba by Fred Roberts, it shows dissassembled views of lots of vintage regs.
Some guys have collected all the catalogs for various companies, and can tell you when certain models were released.
Just ask.
Aloha
Turtleguy

Turtleguy,

Thanks for the reply, all the stuff I'm buying is single hose - I don't want to scare my fellow divers too much...well, not yet, anyway!

I'll be on the look-out for the Basic Scuba book, however - looks helpful.

What I now have (or am bidding on) are: -

Conshelf VI
Conshelf XI
Conshelf XII

Calypso
Calypso III

AMF Voit Avalon II

If anyone can give me details of when these came out, I'd be veery grateful.

Also, the 'Collapso' nickname - something I should know?

I imagine that a couple will turn out to be duds, but I'm still planning to get two working rigs out of these. Hopefully...

Thanks again,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom