“Aquanauts” tv show logo meaning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI..... I discussed this logo amongst friends and we came up with a color version based on what we think we know about the logo. The sketch, colors and shapes are not perfect but good enough to show what we’re thinking. Would love to hear your comments and alternate suggestions.

D01D4E6F-EDB9-4A90-AE5E-7C6BFD44A8FE.jpeg

I have never heard of this TV series. This posting caught my attention. A horn? Definitely a fish. The circle could represent the world. But here are my first impressions of the logo;

Before watching the clip I thought the circle represented the head of a man (or even a dive mask although then it should have been oval to represent the masks of the day). And the horn looked to me like a large fin symbolically representing a "manfish". But after watching the clip I concluded that the horn is actually the nose cone of a rocket. Remember the Aquanauts main job was to recover rocket nose cones according to the TV intro. The horizontal line represents the ocean so the nose cone is underwater lying on its side. The man and fish are above the line or out of the water. So why is a vertical line cutting through the fish? I think this is symbolising that the "man" (represented by the circle) is "half fish." The fish is out of the water because it is more related to the man rather than below the surface. It emphasizes the man is part fish - which a scuba diver essentially is.

Then again I could be completely wrong and this could be a Christian symbol with the horn announcing the second coming of Christ represented by the fish (remember the loaves and fishes story) to pass final judgement on the world!

I'm also thinking along similar lines and the dialogue from 1.15-1.25 says "... the best single piece of equipment to recover capsules, nose cones and instrument panels, was a free swimming man, his eyes, ears and intelligence".

I wonder if how the logo is created might also provide some clues. Here's some stills (left to right, top to bottom):

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 8.44.27 pm.png

Jay,
I think you may be on to something. In the first screen shot, the fish could also represent an eye. The cone or horn represents an ear horn or ear trumpet, which starts to be drawn in the upper right screen shot. Intelligence or the mind is represented by the circle. This fits with the dialog you highlighted - well done!

Now these items are initially presented detached and not connected/random, but in reality they are united/combined as expressed in the final image; all within one large rectangle. The large rectangle itself is dissected into 4 smaller rectangles. These rectangles may symbolise the universal "Golden Ratio." They are related to each other logarithmically. Astronauts are related to outer space while Aquanauts are related to inner space. Man, fish, ocean, earth, outer space, the universe are seen as separate entities but are actually one; all related. Mice, monkey, man, go into space and return to the sea; all the same. The TV show highlights that technology fails to find a capsule in the ocean but man doesn't because originally man came from the sea. He is related to the sea and knows it innately. "Everything is. Because its suppose to be." Its a universality message or symbol.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5985588/15-uncanny-examples-of-the-golden-ratio-in-nature?IR=T

That’s some creative thinking..... and to my surprise, the “Golden Ratio” was just a topic of discussion on the tv show, “God Friended Me,” just minutes ago. Amazing!

Gosh... I sure do wish the creator would speak up!

Gosh... I sure do wish the creator would speak up!
When you say "creator" do you mean God or the artist who created the logo? :)
God speaks to us all the time; we just don't take the time to listen...

I'm going to go with it being an eye at first(eye symbol), that is searching the globe (round symbol), for nose cones (rocket symbol), under the water (fish symbol).

The theory of the fish being cut in half symbolizing man under water makes perfect sense to me, but I'm wondering if the fish cut in half means part eye (looking) part fish (underwater).....or even just an eye looking above and below the water for a nose cone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom