Aquarium Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's nothing a dunk in the bleach tank can't cure. I would be surprised if an aquarium was that anal.

The ones I looked at all said you can bring your own mask, but nothing else.

I dived at the Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town, South Africa. It was about $60 for a 30 minute dive -- about the same price as two boat dives here, so fairly expensive.

If $60 gets you two boat dives, I have to try South Africa diving.

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the Epcot DiveQuest last weekend. It was a lot of fun. More critters than I've ever seen on any single ocean dive at once. It was really "full service" too. I enjoyed the whole experience. Got up close and personal with some sand tiger sharks. Huge rays. Huge sea turtles (which were mating). Lots of all kinds of critters. They don't let you anywhere near the dolphins.

Not sure I would pay $600 for an aquarium dive anywhere.

I also dive twice a week at Clearwater Marine Aquarium. It's not really the same thing, but I enjoy doing it. Keeps me wet and it doesn't cost me anything.

The ones I looked at all said you can bring your own mask, but nothing else.

I was referring to being allowed to bring a personal mask. All other gear is off limits for good reason, which was what I am in agreement with.

I was referring to being allowed to bring a personal mask. All other gear is off limits for good reason, which was what I am in agreement with.

I can understand why they wouldn't want you bringing your own gear. I did a dive in Lake Michigan last year, and when I got home and was rinsing my gear off, I found some Zebra Mussels attached to my backplate.

Right- I was just saying that having read the instructions from all the aquariums I looked at- they were in agreement with you. Since you seemed to be postulating, based on your wording.

I have a future OW student who is only getting certified to dive the Georgia Aquarium. Waiting for him to pass his medical then to certify him so he can get this off his bucket list.

Dove the Baltimore Aquarium as a patron, then when I got my DM, got certed to be a safety diver at the Baltimore Aquarium. Worked two groups just yesterday. Its a fun gig. The dive is straight forward, lots to see. Just PLEASE don't use it as your refresher dive for the upcoming season - good to excellent buoyancy is critical and you need to be on your game. Remember, its the fish's home your visiting...and lots of people are watching you from the other side of the glass.

Back
Top Bottom