Archon D11V video light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Received the lights last week. Was very interested to see if the flickering occurred with my lights so did a quick test above water.

GoPro Hero 3+
2.7K NTSC 29.97fps

No flickering on my video. (may test later with different fps, but since this is my usual shooting mode..... seems ok)

It doesn't seem to play in here: http://youtu.be/ICsHvdgL6b4

Last edited:
It comes with extra o-rings and a wrist leash. My intent is to mount them (I got 2) on my tray.

It comes with extra o-rings and a wrist leash. My intent is to mount them (I got 2) on my tray.
today the tray arms arrived!!
image.jpg
I set the lights trying to fill the full image width of the gopro.

Surprised by the stiffness of the Loc-Line. Maybe by a bit more at the local aquarium shop to have more movement.
image.jpg

I keep seeing mention of 2 or 3 modes. Bright, Dim, whatever. Being a twist on/off, how do you change it from High to Low or vice versa?

I keep seeing mention of 2 or 3 modes. Bright, Dim, whatever. Being a twist on/off, how do you change it from High to Low or vice versa?

You twist off then back on quickly to switch modes

---------- Post added January 20th, 2015 at 09:34 PM ----------

today the tray arms arrived!!
View attachment 201329
I set the lights trying to fill the full image width of the gopro.

Surprised by the stiffness of the Loc-Line. Maybe by a bit more at the local aquarium shop to have more movement.
View attachment 201330

Yes, you should add a few more locline segments to each side. I did and it helps with reach and angles too.

Update on the extra loc line parts! :)
Not the most charming picture, but it works perfect. Normally I have them flexed down a bit more, but plenty of room to play with
extra_locline.jpg

Not the most charming picture, but it works perfect. Normally I have them flexed down a bit more, but plenty of room to play with
View attachment 210472
Nice! Would u reckon the extra loc line parts were needed to angle the lights properly?
oh and on a side note I'm looking into batteries for this light and I read that these batteries are the best for lights; Best 18650 li-ion battery 3400mAh (Panasonic inside) Protected Li-ion Orbtronic
does anyone know if they fit the archon d11v's? As I read they are a bit more wide than regular 18650 batteries.
cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom