Are all consoles created equal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racerx_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm wondering if consoles are a standard size.. Reason I'm asking is a got a console used as part of a reg package but I don't need the computer/compass part of it just the spg. So is it useful to anyone if I sell them in their modular part of the console (like can it attach to another console) or is it only good to be used on the same brand console

It's usually same brand, although many companies make wrist mounts as well. So you still have a good chance to sell the computer as is, assuming there is a wrist mount available for it.

It would also help to be specific about that brand as that can make a huge difference. I'm assuming it's a Suunto, in which case it's an even better chance to suggest that someone can save money by buying the SPG from a dealer then connect your spare modular parts for cheaper.

Yeah it's a suunto console with am spg, zoop, and compass. I'd rather have an spg in bar, but didn't have one at all so was gonna use the spg for now and sell the other two items. Just didn't know if it makes sense to sell them with their parts of the console or not, etc.

If you have no use for the modular cases, then sell them with the computer and compass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom