Are most SoFla dive shops banking Nitrox or using membrane or stick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MannyDib2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to get back into diving and hoping to not have to pay to get all my tanks O2 cleaned.
Most of the shops I've checked down here are banking nitrox.
20 years ago everyone did pp and there was only Fill Express for banked nitrox

Looking to get back into diving and hoping to not have to pay to get all my tanks O2 cleaned.
Most of the shops I've checked down here are banking nitrox.
20 years ago everyone did pp and there was only Fill Express for banked nitrox

All of the Force-E shops (Boca, Riviera Beach, Boynton Beach, Pompano, Ft. Lauderdale) and Pura Vida bank nitrox and will fill in non-O2 clean tanks. Pura Vida actually now owns the former Fill Express fill station. They bought it when Fill Express closed and moved it into their shop on Singer Island.

Jupiter Dive Center banks but still requires your tanks to be O2 clean. I've not used any of the other shops in the area for fills.

All of the Force-E shops (Boca, Riviera Beach, Boynton Beach, Pompano, Ft. Lauderdale) and Pura Vida bank nitrox and will fill in non-O2 clean tanks. Pura Vida actually now owns the former Fill Express fill station. They bought it when Fill Express closed and moved it into their shop on Singer Island.

Jupiter Dive Center banks but still requires your tanks to be O2 clean. I've not used any of the other shops in the area for fills.
Like Jim said Force-E banks and they are almost everywhere in SE Florida. They bank 36% and can blend down from there which is great. I use them when I need fills while over there. They fill proper and also you can buy a fill card at any location and it is good at all of them.

Up there in Jupiter I found that Scuba Works banks 36% and its like a 5 to 10 min drive from Jupiter Dive Center. Good to know for anyone planning a weekend up there

Divers Direct banks 32%, tanks do not need to be O2 cleaned

I don’t know any shops in SE FL that do partial pressure fills. Most shops use a stick and bank what they make. Usually 32, 34, and 36 but you can ask for anything between 21 and 36 and most shops will mix it for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom