Are Sharks teeth bad luck???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coogeeman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was traveling and diving in Morocco not that long ago and at one of the markets there I came across a guy that was selling shark's teeth that were fosilised...they were well over a million years old.

So I bought a few of them. Anyway on returning home I showed them to a buddy of mine who said that they were bad luck? I was really bummed about it because I really liked them. But...my mother is Scottish...and therefore very Superstitious, and when people tell me things like that I always wonder if there is any truth to the matter.

Does anyone out there know if this is true or not?

A very superstitious

Coogeeman

Are Sharks teeth bad luck?

I'd say when they are digging into your flesh, they certainly are bad luck.

I know someone who has this ritual when watching Hockey games. If the Wings are doing good, he will sit completely still as not to disturbe the balance of the force. If the wings are doing badly, he will move about until he finds a spot which rebalances the force, and causes the Wings to start doing good again. Funny thing about it, it appears to work.

Have them in your leg, while they're still in a sharks mouth...
In the South Pacific they are considered to be lucky and only the studdliest divers wear them.....ahem.....However, remember that they are still Bl@#*y sharp even after they are out of the sharks chops and don't sit on them...ouch!!!!!

=-)

It'll differ per region and culture. Take your myth pick and dress for success, I say.

Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down under
The Gasman

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

mdr231 once bubbled...
Well, they were obviously not lucky for the sharks whose mouths they came from :shark:
Sharks shed their teeth constantly. Some sharks can go through as many as 30,000 teeth in a lifetime. I pick them up off the bottom of the aquarium exhibit I dive all the time, have a pill bottle full of them.

Roak

They are only bad luck if they are IN you....

According to one of the 2 tribes of Native Indians in the Caribbean, (can't remember which, either the Arawak or the Carib), you gain of the constitution of the Shark by wearing his teeth.

Far from bad luck it seems to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom