are the eagle rays in yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pidgiepoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I saw in one of the posts where someone saw two eagle rays already...can anyone in Cozumel confirm that ?? We're coming Dec16-23 and hope to see them this year...we came a week earlier and missed them totally last December.

I saw in one of the posts where someone saw two eagle rays already...can anyone in Cozumel confirm that ?? We're coming Dec16-23 and hope to see them this year...we came a week earlier and missed them totally last December.

We saw what appeared to be an eagle ray feeding in the sand last Thursday at Cedral Pass. It was the right size for an eagle ray anyway, the way it was kicking up sand made the markings difficult.

I know Dennis has seen them in the past week. It is really early in the year to see them but it appears water temps are dropping pretty fast which means more eagle rays sooner. We saw them each time we went up north last year and of course a few around the reg reefs here and there. I have not seen the big schools in a few years but there were 3-6 each time we went to see them last year in the north. Dec-Feb has always been the best time

There are always Eagle Rays here - we just see more of them between Dec. and Feb. and that's traditionally when the squadron's of them start showing up :)

We went north to see what we could see today. We saw one on our decent out over the grass and that was all. We sat on the wall for a bit and nothing. We did San Juan as our second and it was good to see how rich it has become. We will keep our eyes out and keep you posted.
Peace,
Dennis

Saw 6 on Tuesday at Barracuda and Cantarell Wall. Two the day before at Columbia Deep...

Back
Top Bottom