Are there dive shops in Dubai Airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick c

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, Anyone any idea if there is a dive shop within Dubai Airport, if yes is it fairly good or limited, travelling through there soon on route to the Maldives.

Many thanks

Hi Nick. I didn't see any dive shops inside of the actual airport. I recall there are 3-4 shops in town, the closest of which is probably 30 minutes from the airport by taxi (and if you're caught in rush hour, it's well over an hour each way).

many thanks, i'll do my shopping before I go then, thought I might get some bargains in the big duty free mall there.

Better do your shopping before you get to the Dubai airport. Dive shops are non-existant there. I have been thru there more times than I want to count transiting to Afghanistan and Iraq. Just about anything else you want can be found there, though!

Cheers!

JR

welcome aboard

Hi Nick, I was there in October and no dive shops in the airport. However, I did a similar trip last year (ie to the Maldives, stopping over in Dubai) and there is a great dive shop at Male airport in the Maldives. They didn't sell clothing but we got a great deal on Sunnto dive computers (some 40% cheaper than buying them in the UK). One thing to check - when we were there, the shops were only available in Departures so, if you need to buy before your holiday, you might be disappointed. That said, its a growing destination, so that might well have changed now. Hope this helps!

Many thanks, was there last Jan myself, didn't pass through Dubai though, flew direct to Male' and saw the shop you mentioned. Suunto dive comp is what i'm after but need it before I get there.

Many thanks
NICK

PS
Diving was superb, Manta's, many sharks, turtles, octopus & many rays of all sorts, + Grouper & Napoleons. Can't wait till Feb to get back there

Back
Top Bottom