Are there typical parts for a regulator rebuild? Dive Rite RG2010 second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mambo Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all.

Time to break out the diving kit, get it serviced, and start using it in shallow depths.

I plan on having my first stage professionally rebuilt, but the second stages - I've been told that I should be able to handle them myself. I downloaded the user manual / parts diagram, but would really like to see a video on somebody doing a refresh.

I'm also wondering what lube I should use (that is economical - these won't be anything higher than 40% oxygen regs).

Any tips or resources to point out?

Thank you.

depends on the second stage, can be as little as just the seat, a few orings, and a zip tie, but some also include the poppet if the seat is fixed on the poppet, and other parts such as exhaust diaphragms, balance springs, and mouthpiece.

the older balanced dive rites have the poppet in the 2nd stage rebuild kit as they have a fixed seat.

you could use cheaper lube, but the amount used is so low that you might as well get tribolube.

Well, never mind. Turns out that Dive Rite no longer makes fully compatible kits, and some of my hoses were questionable. I just went for a new set of everything.

@Mambo Dave , I am intrigued. Why would this kit not work? Also Dive Rite does not actually make any regulators, they purchase regulators from manufacturers in Asia, so it is possible other kits can work in your first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom