Are two weeks too much for Tofo (Mozambique)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeterMukiwa2

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning a trip in April, and will be flying over from Europe. Heard many good things about the Tofo beach area. Question: will two weeks be too much for that area? I also considered taking in some GW dives in Gansbaai? Your comments and recommendations are welcome.

I would suggest that 2 weeks may be too much for you...your suggestion of Gansbaai and maybe (may I recommend) some local diving in Cape Town or even Sodwana Bay/Aliwal Shoal/Protea Banks in KwaZulu Natal ....you will not be disappointed.

I don't know if it is too long, but have a great time and post some pictures. That would be awesome to go to Africa and do some diving (and sightseeing). Have fun.

Tofo is great diving. There are a lot of different reef in the Inhambane area. Could keep you busy for weeks. You may want to do southern Mozambique as well. Ponta Malongane and Ponta do Ouro is great diving. Reef called Pinnacles + 35m where there are plenty of Zambezis (Bull sharks) to see. Was there two weeks ago, did a negative entry and landed between 8 bull sharks, amazing. Going back there this week end, can’t get enough!

Sodwana Bay in South Africa has amazing coral and some Raggies, but they left now for the Cape. Protea Banks of Shelley Beach in Kwazulu Natal Province is a great deep dive with lots of Zambezis and Tiger sharks. I have not diveed in the Cape yet (too cold) but planning to do so in October. Mozambique and Kwazulu-Natal has absolute awesome dives. You won’t be disappointed!

:D

Simply Scuba in Ponta Do Oura run a nice dive camp. can see them at www.simplyscuba.co.za from there you can see the various options. Leaveing tonight for a long week end at Ponta!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom