Are you a Dive Hypocrite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yanno what's funny? I was sitting in our yacht club one day shortly after my last trip up there, relating some of my stories about my time in San Jovite, and made some comment about the fact that maybe I'd have gotten along better up there if I spoke French. Well, sitting at the table was a fellow sailor whose wife was from France, and she rather emphatically stated that in Quebec they do not speak French!

:idk:

... must be a cultural thing ... I hear that when there aren't any tourists, they keep in shape by practicing rudeness on each other ... :eyebrow:

(Just kidding, Belmont ... ya just gotta laugh about this stuff sometimes) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:cakefight: :cool2:

Diving is generally a safe sport, it does however possess an element of risk. As time goes by, many of us seek further training and start to dive deeper, go solo, venture into wrecks & caves and use CCR. Some use air exclusively, while others use mixed-gas. Some get into decompression diving, while others refrain from doing so.

Should certain diving activities be prohibited? I point this out because of the lack of acceptance by some individuals surrounding the use of deep air. There's no doubt about it, that using deep air increases the diver's level of risk. So does solo diving, penetrating caves or wrecks, the list goes on. Why should one particular brand of risk be looked down upon, while another is accepted?

To what extent do you believe in personal freedom? What level of risk do you feel that a diver can assume? What do you think?

People need to mind more to their own business, who would stop me anyways, maybe now with national health care there actually will be scuba police hanging out on the reef fining divers for risking tax payer money. Is decompression treatment covered?

N

who would stop me anyways?

comment_scubapolice.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom