Are you comfortable underwater video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that the Patty police say you must show little bubbles when the regulator is out of your mouth. Of course there are no lung damaging pressure changes that are affected by having a regulator in (or out of your mouth) so the whole idea seems more like a reminder and a good idea - rather than a danger.

However, people are worried about that, but don't seem to be worried about a guy demonstrating the inhalation of high flow rate air at 3000 psi ( (i.e., breathing right from the tank valve). Seriously, that has to be a lot bigger issue if you accidentally seal your lips on it. That skill is a lot easier to get wrong then swimming horizontally while holding your breath.

^^^^^Rational thought returns to the thread.

The video is also a pretty decent demonstration of the modified flutter kick. His knees dropped a bit but not too much considering the power it looked like he was generating. I have long way to go. I gotta get back in the pool.

I know that the Patty police say you must show little bubbles when the regulator is out of your mouth. Of course there are no lung damaging pressure changes that are affected by having a regulator in (or out of your mouth) so the whole idea seems more like a reminder and a good idea - rather than a danger.

However, people are worried about that, but don't seem to be worried about a guy demonstrating the inhalation of high flow rate air at 3000 psi ( (i.e., breathing right from the tank valve). Seriously, that has to be a lot bigger issue if you accidentally seal your lips on it. That skill is a lot easier to get wrong then swimming horizontally while holding your breath.
Yea I was wondering about this as well when I saw the video

Is it possible to use Nova fins for any other kicks, than flatter??? :)
I was try - it is like walking on the ice - you can move, and even can do something like a frog kick, but spent much more power, and result - same as on the ice :)

My instructor - Valery Mukhin - provide something like "Stress proof trainings" - for me it was very usefull lesson.
He teach many usefull tricks, and most important - he does not teach to breath from the valve. He did it. He allow you to did it, with detailed methodical explanation. And most importatn - may be you will never do it in the future, but you CAN! And you start to feel you much more comfortable underwater.
Such trainings highly decrease panic attack possibility.

Que Espanol muy malo aqui…..

I learned back in the 1980s how breath off a tank. What exactly are you worried will happen? Unless you deep throat the valve stem! What could happen?

how breath off a tank. What exactly are you worried will happen?
There is two problems.
One - most possible but not deadly - you can smash out your teeth by tank valve.
Another - most dangerous, but low probable - pneumothorax. If you squeeze hard your mouth over the valve, and open it fast - pressure can damage your lung tissues. Most dangerous here - that your lung tissues has not nerve tissue, and in case of disruption you will NOT feel the pain.
For both cases is very simple solution - use your hand, not squeezed fist, between mouth and valve.

The hand shouldn't exposed to high pressure air either:
Dangers of Compressed Air | Air Control Industries Ltd
Do you know, that Life is a fatal disease with deadly end? :)
Have you ever seen tank valve in details? Did you see diameter of the hole from the tank? Did you see distance from the end of this hole till border of the thread hole? :) Air will be expanded enough to had not danger with this point of view. And fist will add more distance and volume for expanding air.
And do you know about situations, when you need to breath from the valve? :)
So, when you fall into situation, when you have needs to breath from the valve, your any others dangers is infinitely low, against OOG problem...

P.S. I suspect, that your link sources came from the same base as instruction below:
BNmPIgv.png

P.P.S. got it. On the link above - is just aggressive advertising of jackassJetBlackACI Cleaningstation

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom