Are you glad you didn't start diving in your 20s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're not stupid, you're just invulnerable, sometimes that's the same thing.:D

Yes, and it's much more common in 16 - 24 year old males, but it's not absolute. I'll never forget the 18 year old guy who grabbed a shark's tail on dive #4........

Yes, and it's much more common in 16 - 24 year old males, but it's not absolute. .

...which is why auto insurance is so much more expensive for men in that age group. It's a wonder we survive to be 35.....

Maybe we'll look back in 28 years time (when I'm 50) and think "wow, how did we survive all those 'stupid' dives with no redundant air, only a buddy?" :D

Life's a risk, no one seems to get out of it alive. I try not to put off anything I want to do until later - you never know when the opportunity will be gone forever. :wink:

Could never have afforded to dive when I was in my 20's. Could hardly buy groceries

Diving was dangerous and sex was safe... What a great line.
Began snorkeling in 50s. SCUBA in Tampa area at 18 in '65. Did some cave diving at 19 that gives me the shivers now... Certified in Okinawa (NAUI) in '67 at 20. Would've been safer at 20 or 21.

I wish I could have learned to dive back then, I would have been enjoying the water instead of life guarding a darned pool,

I still hate kids in the water to this day! :rofl3:

In my twenties and thirties I was probably a much safer, or more wimpy, diver. I almost never went to 100 ft, rarely did more than two dives in a day, dove mainly with buddies, etc. Now that I'm older and my "wisdom" has been lost through Old Timers, I dive to twice that depth, do as many as 5-6 dives a day and dive solo most of the time. When I dive with my son (in his twenties) I return to most of those safer practices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom