Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8-20-10 Off tarpon viz 30 ft some algea in the water but viz was fine. water warm 87 degree,s

Did a 3 tank dive with blue water explorers today.
South Jack wreck
vis 30'
temp 86

Doc's Barge
vis 35'
temp 86

Orange Tug
vis 25'
temp 86

9-13-10 double dip on the vetrans reef barge pile. no fish. The place was like a ghost town but the visibility is still great for this time of year (35-40'). Water temp 87deg .
PICT04701.JPG

I'm heading to Tarpon Springs next week to dive the gulf. What are the water temps now? I'm trying to decide between my 7mm wet suit or my dry suit.

Last edited:
I went out of venice sat and sun 57 on bottom out to 70 fsw. top was 61-62.. so there is a small thermocline around 15-20 ft... but thats where the viz realy starts to clear up. near top to bottom viz out at 70fsw. sun! good luck I dove w/ a 3mill full a 3mill shorty and a 3mill vested hood. I felt fine but was cold on the 4th dive! 7 mill or better should be fine!

Sunday at Sheridan was 57 degree water and about 30' of vis with lot's of AJ's and a couple 25ish lb Hog's inside. And of course a **** load of large, out of season grouper

Rube Allyn was about the same vis and temp wise.. nothing worth shooting though.

Spanish Rocks Yesterday.

84 degree water

Viz was pretty bad... 15ft at best part of the dive. Really silty

But on the upside... there was lots of activity out there. Saw a pretty big ray and lots of fishes. :)

5 miles off of Anna Maria 5/28/11

vis top to bottom in 40'
water temp 83 deg.
seas flat 1'
east wind

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom