Areas to avoid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevamind.

Do bear in mind that AirNBs have no security, probably do not have safes, and home burglaries are a problem.

We're relative newbies, having only been down there 13 times for a total of about 125 nights. We've always done Airbnb's or VRBO's. I can't remember when the properties haven't had 24 hour security or a locked gate, and an in-room safe.

We always book through Airbnb or VRBO. We never encountered any problems with security, robberies etc. We probably had better security and anti theft measures through the above booking sites than using a regular hotel booking site.

I am a light sleeper. I don't want to listen to roosters, music or barking dogs at night. I personally would seek out a place on the North or south end of the island along with some in the Corpus Christi area.

I am a light sleeper. I don't want to listen to roosters, music or barking dogs at night. I personally would seek out a place on the North or south end of the island along with some in the Corpus Christi area.

I'm a deep sleeper, but nevertheless, some of the fantasies I've had at 2:00 am when I've woken up to the sound of (generally bad), music or dogs.........

I have rented via Airbnb often sometimes with my husband and many times solo. I mostly rent in Corpus Christi. Just about every rental has had a safe and a gate. I have never felt unsafe or have been robbed in any of the Airbnb apartments or houses we have rented. I usually rent a car and like the easy parking in Corpus. Its a quick drive to the marina and lose to town. We liked the area so much we purchased a home! Closing soon!

We're relative newbies, having only been down there 13 times for a total of about 125 nights. We've always done Airbnb's or VRBO's. I can't remember when the properties haven't had 24 hour security or a locked gate, and an in-room safe.
Ok, I guess that I was wrong. That happens. It's an issue to explore when renting maybe.
Just about every rental has had a safe and a gate.

Well I can tell you that 50 is sort of the new 30. Lots of people are now renting and buying in that area.
We moved back between 25/30 this year for our 5 month stay and all’s good. Plus the food is amazing, plentiful and inexpensive.

Use common sense. On the one hand, I have never felt threatened in any way anywhere I have been on Cozumel, and just about everyone who lives there has their personal economy linked at some level with tourism, so it's in their best interest not to harass visitors to the island. On the other hand, I don't go prowling around alone and drunk or looking for drugs back in the less affluent neighborhoods at 3AM, either.

We've done a lot of walk abouts from restaurants late(er) at night and always had a very pleasant time looking at all the Christmas decorations and family gatherings.

The most dangerous, or more accurately hair raising, time is driving the back streets at night avoiding hitting the scooter ninjas wearing all black with a fading 2watt headlamp racing around like maniacs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom