Argh! What did they do to my new suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akforsyth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well I just picked up my newest Bare suit tonight. A ATR Lite, and everything seemed perfect untill I put it on. While walking around in circles in my living room, I noticed that my exhaust valve was on my tricep, not on the forearm as requested. I could have lived with it on the bicep, but that far back on my arm is a ***** to reach standing in my living room, not to mention under water with full gear on. Well back to the LDS it goes tomorrow and hopefully a new one will arrive within a couple of weeks again...

akforsyth once bubbled...
a new one will arrive within a couple of weeks again...
let's hope it turns out right this time... so you can get at least a few dives in... you only have 3 1/2 more months before you face the firing squad.

Well diving right now is out of the question, so I'm not missing much. The ice is too thin to ice dive, but there is ice occluding the water. It is the worst time of year... Only -5C here right now, so the ice will not even thicken, but it is snowing and i'm sure this suit would make one heck of a snow suit. I know it is no damn good the way it is set up now. BTW, if anyone wants a cheap suit from bare they will have a large on their rack with some minor valve placement problems:D Unclepug, she already knows about it but cannot do anything about it. She is just demanding new dive gear for her this summer. Seems like a good trade to me:mean:

I also have a Bare suit and they butchered the thing when I sent it in for mods. First, I drew an X where I wanted the exhaust valve re-positioned on the arm. But noooo they couldn't move it to that spot, since I was paying the bill (another story) they most have thought I didn't know what I really wanted. Then they were to adjust the leg length, again not to my specs. They sewed up the crotch so tight you cann't take a step forward. All this and they were able to keep my suit for 3 months. They finaly sent my suit to the place where I was diving, it arrived just as I did.

After the complaining I was told " what do you expect for a custom modification"

That will be the last time I ever deal with Bare. Those $%*&&&#$.

A year later and I am still mad.... Thanks for bringing it up!!

Well luckily I have never had a problem with them before, and with the factory only 8 hours away turn around times are pretty quick. Just some idiot was not paying attention to the order slip for the custom location when the suit was made. We'll see what happens next!!!

WOW this is scary to hear. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Custom HD. And I live way too far to drive there and scream at them if they @#!$ % it up......;-0

I've never tried it but some divers like the valve closer to the back of their arm (tricept). You might want to try it before sending it back.

Na...I wanted mine on the forearm. I do not like wher mine is now on my suit (bicep) so I know I definately would not like it there. You know I hate having to do the rolling thing every once and a while to purge... With forearm, arm up and presto air goes out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom