Argonaut 23# wing - changing inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BalekFekete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Quick question - picked up a 23# wing, but when I received it the inflator hose seems a bit on the short side. I ordered up a 19" hose and, if the above is true and I need to swap it out, is there anything special I should know in order to change them? Or is this something to leave in the hands of a LDS?

Thanks!

I did the same thing.
Its easy.
Just check to make sure you order same hose diameter.
Zip tie in place with UV-RESISTANT (usually black) zip ties. Check the bag.
Two zips at each end are best, if there is room, but definitely at the bottom connection that's manipulated a lot.
They also used to add a bit of rubber cement for security, but that's not really necessary anymore, because there no wire pull inside of this design to open a shoulder valve. It's just an inflator.

Easy to do, just make sure the the new hose is secure at both ends. Redundant zip ties that are tight. Things get interesting really fast when you accidentally pull the inflator off of your wing in the middle of the ocean. .

Just like Rob and Andy, I just recently did this on my wing. I wanted a set up that would allow me to more easily switch my reg between my argonaut and my stilletto, which has a much longer inflator house. I had a 13" hose on my argonaut and it was too short to be comfortable a lot of time anyway. I upgraded it to a 19", which I find to be quite long. It took me about 15 minutes to change, most of which was just struggling to pull the tight fitting hose off of the inflator and the elbow. When you remove the old hose, be careful not to damage it (I used diagonal/wire cutters and cut through the clasp part of the zip tie) and you can keep it for a back up in your save a dive kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom