Argonaut Dive #18 Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as I disagreed with the way Tobin went about asking for the proper fill capacity of the #18 the results were appreciated. Do you think you could do it again with the #23 and #35 so we could get those numbers too?

As much as I disagreed with the way Tobin went about asking for the proper fill capacity of the #18 the results were appreciated. Do you think you could do it again with the #23 and #35 so we could get those numbers too?
I don't see a need to go down this pointless rabbit hole again. The manufacturer of my wings assures me that the advertised lift capacity of the wings is actually 2-3 pounds more than what it's rated for and that's good enough for me.
I can't take a wing off the shelf, fill it with water and test with it and then sell it as "brand new" I have to sell it at a discount and that's not something I can afford to do at this price with free shipping. BUT....If any new customer is willing to buy a #23 or #35 wing and let me demo it first I will be glad to post the results. IF either wing does not live up to it's lift capacity I will refund their money and send the wing to them for free.

Last edited:
Hi @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose, I'm just wondering if this wing will be back in stock within this year? I have a friend visiting around Xmas from the US and can mule one over for me...

Just saw this thread pop up so I thought I would throw in my 2c.

I bought a 35lb wing, along with an AL backplate and Hogarthian harness from VDH at the end of June. Let me start by saying this is a terrific system and I could not be happier with it.

The wing itself is very small for being a 35lb wing, the internal bungee really makes it compact. The material is tough as nails and after a couple of dozen dives with it in Salt and Fresh water I could not be happier. The roll control/stabilizers eliminate the need for a STA and work very well. I have only used it with AL 80s but got the 35lb wing to be able to move to larger tanks when I wanted too without problem, with the company size I did not see any disadvantage in getting the larger wing.

The AL backplate is well made and comfortable. There was no rough edges and it worked well. Not much more I can say about a backplate, but the price on VDHs are extremely competitive.

I also got a Hogarthaian harness and hardware from Brian. I ordered it all together and Bryan assembled it before shipping, that was a pleasant surprise, I did not expect that but it was a very welcome time saver.

VDH definitely has a 5-start product going with his wings, highly recommend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom