• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Argonaut Kraken Special Edition for 2018

Discussion in 'Vintage Double Hose' started by Bryan@Vintage Double Hose, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

Bryan@Vintage Double Hose Instructor, Scuba

ScubaRN6559 likes this.
  2. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Been looking to pull the trigger on a Kraken, but alas no DIN in this run....

3. Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

I can put a shiny chrome DIN on it but it won't match the satin chrome finish of the regulator above. I will have the standard Argonaut Kraken available again in the spring in yoke, DIN or get both and swap out as need dictates.

gypsyjim and northernone like this.
  4. Altamira

Altamira ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    They must be very proud of this special edition regulator if the price on their website link is correct. That is one hell of a lot of zeros for a piece of dive gear. $1,000.000.00 seems a tad bit absurd. I am guessing it is a typo, but if not, I wish them well.

5. undrwater

undrwater Solo Diver

See the statement below the item?
    I'm so on the edge about getting one of these...

6. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Solo Diver

upload_2017-10-3_20-58-14.png

couv and undrwater like this.
  7. Altamira

Altamira ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Ah, I did not read down that far into the web page because the quoted price made my eyes pop out of my head. Thinking it was likely a typo, my second thought was "pretty sloppy proofreading." Since I was not really interested in a Kraken, I guessed I missed the humor or reverse psychology of their advertising technique. But, if I wanted one, I would buy one, as long as it had a nice SB discount (like -$999,000). Go for it. You deserve it--you know you do!

undrwater likes this.
  8. herman

herman Divemaster

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    That is VDH humor, those of us who know Bryan know that means - price to be announced later.

gypsyjim likes this.
  9. Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

Years ago when I put in the first automated shopping cart on VDH I mistakenly used $1.00 as a place holder number for items that would be coming up for a Christmas sale. Needless to say I sold A LOT of merchandise in the first few minutes at $1.00.....I learned the hard way.

If anyone is interested in getting one of the special edition Argonaut Kraken before the sale please just send me an E-mail

couv, Hoyden, Luis H and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Barracuda

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I want the red hoses back. My GF saw a pic of one with red hoses and has been bugging me for one ever since. Make one with red hoses and I will buy two. We both get one and I get her to shut up......momentarily anyways.

gypsyjim and ScubaRN6559 like this.