Argus Tower and Other Potential Dive Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ALaskowski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My company is sending me to Bermuda for work for a couple of weeks at the end of the month. I am extending my stay for another week of vacation and want to get a lot of diving in. I am being put up at Grotto Bay Resort and they have Triangle Bay as their on site dive operation and will primarily be using them for most outings. A few questions:

1) What are the 'must see' dive locations in Bermuda that I should make a priority?
2) I am specifically interested in diving Argus Tower, but can't find any operations on the web that mention outings to it. Obviously it is an advanced dive and starting at 100' may make it undesirable for operations to go to for regular open circuit divers. Nonetheless, I would really like to visit this site and would like any recommendations as to diver charters that go to this site.
3) I'm an avid spelunker and will be visiting some of the local surface caves during my visit. Are there any underwater caverns that i might want to visit as well?

Thanks in advance for your input and recommendations and if any of you are in Bermuda between April 27th and May 12, drop me a line!

Hello Alaskowski,

Hope you have a good time while you are visiting/working here :)

In regards to your questions;
1. As you are here for an extended time you'll probably get to see tons of 'must dos' what I suggest is going with Triangle with most of your dives but try one in the West like Blue water or fantasea to get to the western dive sites. I personally enjoy the south shore wrecks, South west breaker and blue hole. The wrecks are all amazing but depends if you want to see the ship or go looking for what is left for one.
2. Deep dives happen I am sure if you contact Triangle ahead of time they might see if they can arrange and a deep dive. I know Blue water (in the west, I am mostly associated with them) do the deeper dives but they have to get a couple of divers together to do it... contact either one and they can let you know. (let me know if you need contact details)
3. We do have underwater caverns here for sure. I know one of the Dive masters at Blue water divers goes when he gets a chance to do so and might be a good resource again but Triangle diving is very close to the main caves on the island so they might too its all really about giving them a email/call and they are all very helpful.

I hope this helped a bit I am sorry that I do not know too much in detail about triangle diving but they are very friendly and are always quick to return emails.

let me know if you have any other questions :)
take care

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definately drop Blue Water a line!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom