Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'll be in Arkansas for 3 nights this month. Anyone every dive at the Bull Shoals?
We're staying very close and it looks like a nice place to get a dive or two in.
Thanks!

Not dived Bull Shoals yet but I have dived Lake Norfork some.

Howdy,
I've dove Bull Shoals, it is has great vis for a fresh water lake, probably 20- 30 feet or so. Kinda chilly, but not bad really. There is air available at Bull Shoals Boat Dock and a small dive shop with rental equipment is there also. I don't know of any good shore dive sites, we usually rent a boat. Their website is www.bullshoals.com/boatdock , they can tell you anything you need to know.

Truckdiver:
Perfect! Thanks for the info. Now I just have to talk my hubby into a few minutes away from his family so we can dive!

Truckdiver has got you on the right track. At Bull Shoals Boat Dock you can pick up a dive site map. It gives you the location of several small boats sunk in fairly shallow water, some farm machinery (a favorite with OW students) and several very nice wall dives. Frost wall is a favorite of mine, it's pretty cool to descend into the treetops of the still standing timber. Don't forget to take a knife or shears with you. There is a good chance on any dive of encountering the monofilament monster. You usually don't see a lot of boats on the lake but it gets fished a lot at night.
I you don't find at least one boat anchor I'd be surprised.
After diving try the Village Wheel resturant, good food and reasonable prices.

Dive Safe

Gerb

Back
Top Bottom