Armor welcomes your input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason for the zipper is that I've found w/o it, that manuals can easily slip out when the bag is open and onto a wet dive boat deck. (Ok... it wouldn't be that tragic as I keep the manuals in a ziplock freezer bag, but I also keep spare computer batters, reg rebuilt kit (o-rings, etc) and just don't want it scattered.

BTW... I'm REALLY Happy with my older Armor reg bag. so does my cat, who's guarding it!

fuzz_on_reg_bag.jpg

i have been looking online and i see that most retailers are closing out your #93 and don't have the cover available anymore! are you discontinuing it?

The Protective bag for the #93 is still available. Just contact us at 800-487-9485 and we'll take care us you.

I have the double regulator bag and this morning when I was zipping it up, somehow i got it crossthreaded (I'll admit probably operator error) and in the trying ot get it open have now broken off one tooth and cannot thread the zipper. Is this something that can be fixed? And if so what is the cost? It has been a great bag and for what I paid for it I hate to have to throw it away. I am going to Cozumel next month and would like to take it there. thanks Kim

down4fun,
The only way to repair a zipper with a tooth that has come off is to put a clamp at that location and open/close the zipper to that point from then on. (FYI, it is not cost effective to replace a whole zipper chain on a bag). The clamp then keeps the zipper sliders from going off track. The bag will be fully functional but the zippers will come together at that point.

You can send the bag back to us and we will fix it for you free of charge (see address on our web site) or if you think you can do it youself we can send you a clamp to install (first make sure the zipper sliders are each positioned properly on each said of the lost tooth (clamp) location.)

Depending on what you have, it may be necessary to unstitch the end of the zipper, re-thread the zliders on to the chain and then re-stitch the end of the chain. If you have to do all that, you may want to send it back to us. You can also send me a photo of the problem and I can make that determination (armorbags@aol.com). Call for an RA# so we can track it, if you decide to send it back; 813-764-8844).

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave. It has two zippers that meet in the middle so if I pull the one all the way around I am only short about 1-2 inches. I guess I'll just let it go like that.
Kim

I have the amphibian i think #91 I was thinking of buying double regulator bag, but I wanted to ask do you have a bag big enough for 2 complete dive setups including regs as my wife is my dive buddy. Thanks for making a great product Brent!

Brent,
If you mean a reg bag, Yes we have the #19DBL-MKV which is a Double Delixe Reg bag with backpack straps, shoulder strap, carry handle and a back sleeve so you can put it over the handle to carry on larger luggage.

It is ideal for 2 sets of regs or a regset and lap-top or lots of tech gear. It is a perfect carry-on size and hands-free carrying if you need it. ($79.95 MSRP).

Let me know if I can help you locate one.

If you mean 2 full sets of gear, then check out the #89. It is our top of the line. Check it out buy clicking on this link.
Armor Products, LLC - makers of gear bags, dive gear bags and accessories for scuba diving, water sports and other activities as well as soft luggage.

Dave

Speaking of the #89 bag. . . I have one that I need to send back to you guys for repair/replacement (I haven't called for an RA# yet) and was wondering what the best way to package this thing for shipping is? Box size needed, etc?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom