Arrived today...........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Well, it (they) actually got here day before yesterday but today I was able to open the box and take a look at the masks.

I got one of the Yellow mask with Black frame and also a Blue Mask with Black frame. Both have the 2 channel commos and I also got one of the listen only receivers.

One of the guys that has a Guardian says he carries the RX-100 in this BCD pocket

DSC_0087.jpg

This evening I'll be working on getting my rig put together with my Zeagle FlatHead 7 1st stage and the Zeagle Octo Z regulator with a 40" Yellow Mil-Flex.

The Guardian will go on a 36" Blue Mil-Flex, with Omni Swivil and QD-YF-S Quick Disconnect.

I'm adding a 29" Black Mil-Flex LP inflator and a 36" Black Mil-Flex HP hose for my Pressure Gauge.

more info to come.............

Last edited:
Very nice!

I have been using my guardian for a few months now- in fact I expect to be in the water later today for a single dive.

Mine is set up on an Apeks first with a 26" hose and a XTX20 second stage on a 40" hose on a necklace as an octopus/ back-up reg.
All hoses except the wing inflator are Miflex- works great!
I find that the necklace setup is particularly easy to access when I have practiced removing the mask and going to my secondary reg and standard mask.

I thought about the quick disconnect for when I remove my gear at the side of our RIB but was always concerned that water would get into the demand valve (I know the valve is one-way so nothing gets back to the first stage), I suppose I could blow the valve out later but really I haven't needed the QD.

I don't use comms but am getting back into UW video and want to use a transmitter from the mask and reciever in the video housing to do my own voice overs during the dive!

Anyway, have fun with the masks- I have found that now I am so accustomed to diving with it that I look around and see other divers with regulators precariously hanging out of their mouths and I wouldn't want to change back!

excellent thoughts about the backup Octo on a necklace.

I just like the way the mask and 2nd stage fit in the bag, so that's the reason for the QD.

Love the comms, we have about 6 divers now here that have Guardians with comms, makes diving a lot more fun, as we can discuss what 6 people see vs only what you see.

We dove in Largo and if one person saw something cool, we all knew about it during the dive vs after the dive, when you missed it.

Regards and safe diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom